Prologue

#HOMPrologue

I drove faster as I looked at my wristwatch. I only have ten minutes left before I get late. I was walking my way in the conference hall when I got a call from Nory.

"Gio, for God's sake, ano na?! Nasaang lupalop ng mundo ka na naman ba? May balak ka pa bang sumipot?!" sunod-sunod na tanong nito kaya nailayo ko pa ng kaunti ang cellphone sa tenga ko. She's still loud as ever.

"I'm almost there, no need to panic," I answered and ended the call.

I opened the door and welcomed by different sets of paintings. Nasa gitna si Nory kasama ang team. All of them greeted me with a smile and congratulated me in advance. Any minute from now, papasok na ang mga students na magto-tour.

"I can't really believe na mauuna pa ang students na makita ang mga gawa mo kaysa sa mga bisita mo mamaya sa exhibit," komento ni Nory habang nag-aantay kami sa isang tabi. The team already left and I'm sure, the students are being briefing by now.

"This is her dream," simpleng sagot ko na ikinatango niya.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sure she's happy,"

The students arrived and I can clearly see how much they liked it. They are chosen high school and college students. Sila ang mga  may interes sa arts. Naglibot ako at ipinakilala ako ng assisstant bilang artist at director.

Hanggang napadako ang tingin ko sa mga estudyante na nakatingin sa painting na nasa center ng gallery. It was the most precious for me. Hindi ko 'yon ibebenta at sinama lang dito dahil sa request ni Nory.

"Hello po, Sir," bati ng isang high school student at nag-bow. I just smiled at her and take a look back at the painting.

"Sir, ano po 'yung inspirations niyo sa paggawa ng magagandang art works?" tanong ng isa. I think she's in college.

"Well.. maybe my feelings? And.. A person," sagot ko kaya tumili ang ibang estudyante.

"Girlfriend niyo po, Sir?" tanong ng isa bago tumingin sa painting. "Siya po ba 'yun?"

The painting is a field full of flowers. And a side view of a girl holding one while smiling. She's wearing a floral dress and her long curly strawberry blonde hair was a bit messy because of the wind. She looks perfect there. The painting is peaceful, light, and beautiful.

"Yes.. she is."

And right at that moment.. I felt myself being dragged to the past where I found the girl who taught me how to live and how to love.

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

--------------------------------------------------------

No parts of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage without the permission of the author except, permitted by the law.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.

You can read my stories without comparing it to other author's stories. Please be sensitive enough and think before you comment something that may be offensive to the author. Thank you.

All rights reserved. Maeonian 2020.