Sixteen

16

They were all smiling at me. It felt so heartwarming and good. It's my first time being this surprised. I looked at Andrae who started singing a happy birthday song.

"Happy birthday, to you," they were all singing now. I started tearing up and being emotional. I don't know what to say. I bit my lower lip and stand in front of the cake.

"Happy birthday, happy birthday to you!" they all ended singing, clapping so loudly.

"Make a wish!" Thalia stepped closer to me to blow the candles. I close my eyes and wished.

'I wish nothing now but happiness for myself and to others,' that's what I wished. I could not ask for more but being genuinely happy in my life. I leisurely blowed the candles, I carefully opened my eyes then tears started flowing like a running falls in so much happiness.

"Happy birthday, Natassia!" they said, like a jolly kids with a birthday party hats in their heads. They were all laughing when they saw me crying.

"Ano ba 'yan walang iyakan!" Zayden whined. I just chuckled and then wiped my tears away.

"Tentententententen! Birthday ni Natassia ngayon! May magandang ugali, may malinis na budhi! Boss Aldana, gandang lahi!" they chanted, like a ritual. It's our chant for birthday parties even sa debut ni Andrae kinanta namin! Just like a wild animals feasting at rituals!

"Thank you! Oh my gosh," I said, I started to tear up again, I wiped it immediately and gave them a sweet smile. Thalia suddenly put some icing on my nose, and they followed what just Thalia did. We were all running inside Andrae's condo. "Stop na! Don't ruin my cake! Hmp!" I said, they all stopped and looked at me like a spoiled brat children, who don't get what they wanted for their parents.

"Kainan na!" Andrae said, shouting. They all went into the dining table to look at the foods that were served in it.

"Akin 'yung pinakamahaba at pinakamatabang hotdog na medyo sunog na may marshmallow!" Thalia said, like a kid.

"Hala grabe sunog daw 'yung hotdog mo, Zayden!" Jian teased Thalia, pointing Zayden whose busy putting some spaghetti on his plate.

"At least mesherep," he said, licking his lower lip while looking at Thalia. "Huwag kang babase sa panlabas, bumase ka sa performance," he winked now, we all cringed at him.

"Ang bababoy nasa harap ng pagkain," Chloe said, her brows furrowed.

"Performance ng lasa," Zayden added. We all laughed while Thalia looking pissed at him. We all went to the table to eat. This time was just so priceless, I wanted to keep this kind of feeling everyday.

"Ano ba 'to 'bat may buhok 'yung spaghetti!" Andrae whined, while showing the strand of hair mixed at her spaghetti.

"Sayang, walang kasamang kuto?" Zayden sarcastically said. He was so irritating and annoying. She just gave him a fake smile and laugh.

"Just eat your food, Zayden," I said, while biting my hotdog.

"'Bat gagalet, sis," he pouted and pursed his lips.

I'm sitting beside Mavi whose just quiet and minding his own food. I nudged him.

"Bat ang tahimik mo?" I asked, he turned his head then licked the sauce in his lips.

He looked at me then shaked his head off, "Nothing," he said, timidly.

He just started to eat again, and me too. We all just share each other some stories while eating. "Do you know Zayden was crying while cooking his hotdogs!" Thalia started teasing Zayden again, he looked at Thalia with his brows furrowing.