TWENTY FOUR

Royalty's POV

After the breakfast Rodriguez left without a word. He got a phone call, dropped everything and left. Today is Saturday and I had nothing to do. I was planning to get a new job as soon as possible. Living at home and do nothing was messing with me.

Sometimes I had to take care of Adrianna when Summer was out working. I didn't mind it is fun having her around. She's more smarter than I thought. I can't help but think that she is actually Rodriguez's daughter. She has the same attitude has him.

Sitting on the couch, my legs crossed and my laptop open as I was looking through different websites for a Job. My neck was getting painful and my back was painful. I was more uncomfortable sitting here and I could feel my eyes getting sore by looking at the screen.

I can't believe I spent my weekends doing nothing. I always had things to do on weekends, when I was in college, but when I started taking my life serious, i started losing a lot of friends. All I do now is just sit at home and nothing. I take a deep breath thinking my life changed.

Standing up from the couch, I walk to the kitchen to make a snack. I hear my phone beep and I quickly go grab it to see who sent me a message.

{From Summer:} I'm on my way home to drop off Anna.

After a an hour, I watch Summer rush in and went to her bedroom, following Anna behind her. She smiles as she runs to me and hugs me. Looking at the time it was 4:30 and Summer only had 30 minutes to get to work.

"So tell me what do you want to do tonight?" I ask Adrianna with a smile on my face. I watch as an evil smirk appear on Anna's face, which meant we were having our girls night.

Adrianna and I always have this girls night whenever Sumner worked a night shift. It was easier for us to get a long without Summer getting in the way. It's best and I get to know Adrianna.

"Bye, love you guys." She said as she rushed out. I smile and look at Adrianna very excited for our girls night.

"I'm going to get the nail polish," I hear Adrianna sweet voice.

"Sí and I'll go get the snacks, hurry." I watched as she runs with her little feet to her room and I went to the kitchen to go get some chips and some dip and soft drinks.

I turn on the TV and put on our favourite movie, Repunzel. It was like a typical sleepover, giggling, having some snacks and watching movies except talking about boys, she was too young for dating. I don't even think she knows the term dating and I wish she didn't. I could imagine if Alejandro knew his daughter, how he would freak out if her daughter started liking boys. It's every father's nightmare.

As we were putting on our nail polish I hear the door bell ring. Checking the time it was 8:15 pm. I wasn't expecting anyone to come visit me and I am sure I didn't invite anyone to the apartment.

"I wonder who might that be." I look at Anna, her blond hair is braided on two sides and her blue eyes are starring at me and just shrugs. Tip toeing to the door feelkmg the ground so cold I regret not putting on shoes. I open the door to see a smirking Rodriguez, he enters before I could ask what he's doing here.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him and I turn to see if Adrianna was on sight.

I didn't want Rodriguez to spot Adrianna, somehow he might be suspicious. Anyone can tell that Adrianna and Rodriguez are related. It really wasn't hard to tell them apart. Except the fact Adrianna has blond hair instead of dark hair, if she did she would have look more like Rodriguez.

"I just felt like coming here!" He said as he looks around. I raise my eyebrow and walk up to him, to kick him out, but I turn to see Adrianna standing watching us.

Rodriguez stood frozen on his spot. He looks at Adrianna strangely observing her. My eyes were wide as I see him approaching her.

"Uhm...Rodriguez can you please go now." I said softly but he wasn't listening to me. He just kept his eyes on her.

"Hello little one," He said to her.

"Hola," Adrianna replied with a soft smile.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"My name is Adrianna. What's your name?" She giggles looking at Rodriguez.

Rodriguez doesn't say a word and turns to look at me. I stood frozen wondering how things just turned wrong in a second. I was about to answer when the door opens.

"You wouldn't believe what hap-" Summer said excited when she stops in her tracks, when she sees Rodriguez. I can see the way she was looking at him, it is him. The guy she was scared to talk about. Something about their past goes deeper.

I turn to see Rodriguez shocked to see her. This turned out unexpected in just a minute. Summer was suppose to be at work. I didn't know what to do, it was just a very awkward moment.

"Alejandro..." Summer whispered softly.

Alejandro? I look at Sumner strangely wondering now what the hell is going on. Rodriguez didn't do anything and just stood there. I look at Summer to see her in tears.

"Preciosa..." Rodriguez said to Sumner. She slowly took her steps back and ran to her room. Rodriguez was about to follow her when he stopped in his tracks. He looks at me and looks away.

He walks past me softly nudging my shoulder. I stood there alone memorized and confused at this situation. Now I was sure there was something between them.

Vote. Comment. Share