Chapter 42

Zivah's POV

I poured the milk in both the cups carefully not letting it spill anywhere on the counter and put the utensil back on the gas.

I then took both the cups in my hand and made my way towards the living room. I sat on the couch handling one cup to Ved.

I haven't been in this house for two years but that didn't change anything. It still makes me feel at home. It still makes me happy.

I stretched my legs and kept it on the teapoy in front making myself even more comfortable. This felt more like my home than my own home.

"So you are saying, you won't talk to Rupath?" I asked looking at him.

"No," Ved said sipping his Chai. I finally made him a Chai lover and I'm proud.

"Ved, you said it was your mistake that you distanced yourself from them," I said in a low voice. Ved had his gaze fixed on the travel magazine he was reading. I let out a sigh.

"Did you say sorry?" I asked.

"He started barking at me right away without even listening," Ved said plainly without moving his gaze from that magazine.

"He was going through a lot, Ved, can't you understand him?" I asked.

"Couldn't he understand me?" He said with irritation throwing the magazine on the table in front.

"Ved," I said trying to calm him. Ved closed his eyes briefly and looked at me.

"Renee. She told you, right?" He asked. I let out a sigh.

"I asked her. That's why she told." I said nodding. Ved shook his head.

"You tell me about your side," I said moving a little to his side putting my cup down.

"What's the point?" Ved asked with annoyance.

"Ved, I need to hear your version too," I said looking at him carefully. Ved let out a frustrated sigh and sipped his Chai. He put the cup in front as he started.

"I was away. I guess in Brazil or something and it was a remote area. I had no network for like some days." He said.

"I understand that I failed to stay in touch for that much time. Like for some 20 or 30 days." He said further as I gave him a shocked look.

"It's a month," I said pointing out.

"I know but I called him after coming back. Right away before anything." He said defending himself. I stared at him with disbelief.

I won't mind yelling at him for acting this carelessly but that won't work with him. So it's better to handle him with care and make him understand his mistake rather than forcing him with anything.

"And what did he do? Before asking how am I he started barking at me." He said.

"Because he cared for you. He was worried. Didn't you think of that possibility? Ever?" I asked putting a hand over his. He shook his head.

"He didn't pick my calls after hanging up on me. I was alone out there." Ved said with frustration.

I could tell just by looking at that face that he is guilty and he wants to makeup but he has to put up an act because of his big fat ego which is not letting him go and make up with Rupath. The same is the case with Rupath.

"You made yourself alone, Ved," I said glaring at him.

"You're just defending him," Ved said giving me unbelievable expressions.