The Shadow Boy

I'm with my dad outside. We're putting furniture in a truck. I think we're moving out. I go back to the house, I need to. I'm one meter away from the house when I run into my mother and my brother bickering because he doesn't do anything if we don't tell him to. She wants him to go help my dad. But they're not actually there, it's blurry, an echo, a distant murmuring of voices. I feel the urge to go back into the house. I do so. My mom is there, the real one.

I'm back outside on my way to them. I stop when I spot far away a little boy sitting under a tree, a few years younger than me, jet black hair, just like his clothes. He turns his head like he knew I was there. We lock eyes and he gets up in a hurry and leaves. I find my way back to my dad and my brother, they're fixing the car. I turn around we're talking and laughing. Suddenly a young red-haired boy comes and starts to talk and at this very instant moment, I disappear. I'm not talking, they are. And I see it again, the blur, I hear it again, the echo and the distant murmuring of voices. Again I have the urge to go back home. I do so.

I'm out of the house, I raise my head, I see them far away from underneath the tree. The redhead and the jet black hair boy. Only the black-haired boy turns to look at me again. And now they're close, I'm brushing past them, my eyes locked with the young boy. And quickly I turn my head, I'm alone all over again.

I pass the bridge and I'm surprised by what I'm witnessing. There are a barn and a lot of trees, on the left each tree has his group of children underneath, holding hands smiling and turning. All young girls. But still, all I can see in the distance is the young boy with the dark hair standing and looking at me. At my left, there's an old lady beside a table and there's the barn where I can see my dad sitting with a baby in his lap. I'm not controlling my body anymore. I walk and sit beside my dad. He's smiling and the baby is laughing, they're both watching in the little boy's direction, hypnotized. My dad hugs me and brings my forehead to the baby. I feel a wave of happiness and I'm laughing too. But quickly I feel bile escalating my throat. I back away and I feel better. I want to go home. I start walking back but my eyes feel attracted to a dice. The old lady is playing with one small dice but she's also looking far away. I'm not controlling my body. I walk and take hold of the dice. The lady jumps on me and stuck her forehead to mine. Everything is black, all I hear is a deafening sound, like a storm, a big wave of wind. I can see, but I can't. She opens her mouth into a black hole. I open my eyes and I'm standing in front of the old lady. She's not looking at me.

I want to go home. But I never did. I'm watching the young boy in the distance and he's watching me. I hear myself in an echo "Mom he's obsessed with the baby all over again".