⇜NINETEEN⇝

Taehyung had an hour before his spaceship departed. Somehow the moment in his life he'd been anticipating since he could remember was now the thing wracking him with anxiousness from head to toe.

Taehyung didn't want to leave Jungkook.

"You are leave?" Jungkook asked with his eyes darting towards his feet which were pointing inwards, the side of his little black dress flying up because of the heavy wind.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung said, looking at the black-haired boy whose fingers were shaking. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. You'll be safer with Jin- he- he won't sell you off like I did. Fuck, I'm so sorry."

"It is okay please!" Jungkook cried, eyes closed tightly, as if perhaps not looking at Taehyung's face would make all his upset disappear. "Taehyung was looking out for he-self..... Jungkook is being selfish! Please! I will stay with Jin, it is okay!"

"You don't have to pretend like you're not upset with me, bunny." Taehyung stepped closer to the android, whose hands coiled into fists and eyes opened, big and sad. "I know you are. Suppressing it will only make it worse. I've upset you haven't I? You thought you'd stay with me forever?"

"Yes." Jungkook squeaked, and Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hands and the boy leaped forward to hide his face in the width of Taehyung's shoulder. "Y-yes! I imagine us like Jimin and Hobi... living in a nice house with doggy! But now Taehyung is going away.... will Jungkook be alone forever?"

"I'll come back to get you, little guy," Taehyung whispered, already feeling moisture forming beneath his eyes at the realization that he'll have to leave Jungkook, the only stability in his life. "I will. You won't be alone."

"Taehyung!" Jin rushed out of the mansion gates, sunglasses sliding down his face as he did, eyes wide. "We need to go right now. Seriously. I'll keep Jungkook, you need to get out of here."

Jin's car rolled up to them instantly, and before Taehyung knew it, he and Jungkook were getting ushered to the back of the car. Jin sat with them. Jungkook was squeezed in the middle.

"Drive to the spaceship holding center. Taehyung, listen. Getting Jungkook out of that place was good. That- that woman in there? Ms. Shell? Yeah- yeah, she's very dangerous." Jin said, sounding breathless. "Jungkook will be safest with-"

"Danger? No no, Ms. Shell is very good!" Jungkook said, nodding. "She let me go from bad place! Said I should be free." Jungkook explained.

"....She did?" Jin asked, looking confused. "What? That- that doesn't make sense... fuck, what is she up to?" Jin grumbled to himself. "Also why on Earth are you wearing a dress?"

"Why can Jungkook not? Just because I have thingy between legs do not mean I cannot wear dress. Clothing has no gender." Jungkook said profoundly, looking away from Jin with anger.

"That's not what I meant...." Jin trailed, but Taehyung was smiling at the boy. He was ever so cute. Taehyung wrapped his arms around him and kissed his cheek, letting his head rest upon Jungkook's shoulder for the entirety of the car ride, letting himself soak in his comfort. Jin looked.

"Tae." Jin said, and Taehyung didn't want to look up, he just buried his nose in Jungkook's neck. "You're ready to depart, right?" Jin asked.

"No. But you're not giving me a choice." Taehyung replied with a mumble. Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hand.

"Don't pin it on me. You were the one who decided to sell him in the first place-"

"Stop bringing that up, seriously!" Taehyung said, eyes wide, finally bringing his head up to look at Jin. "I know, I know I fucked up. But I-I fixed it, didn't I? I won't do it again. I won't hurt him ever again," Taehyung let out, almost desperate.