Teaser

I wake up cold and shivering in the dark morning. I sit up and wrap the shards of clothing around my body, to try and get rid of the chill set into my body. Around me, I can see the outlines of my fellow outcasts in the dark morning. I look around me trying to find something to eat, but I have no luck. I hear movement around me, as the other outcasts wake up. Looking to the horizon, I can see it turning orange as the sun starts to rise. My grumbling stomach takes my mind away from the sunrise and to my body. I haven't eaten in a few days and I'm getting weaker as the days go by. Hopefully today I will find some food to satisfy the gnawing hunger in my stomach. Not wanting to dwell on the fact that I'm starving, I get up and start moving to try to find the supplies I need to make it another day.

I am not the only one up and scavenging for food. I look around and see other outcasts moving around, and scanning the ground. I turn back to the task at hand. Back and forth my eyes move across the ground. It's hard to see anything in the dark morning. It is also hard to see through the thick leaves on the ground, symbolizing that summer is over and winter is on it's way. The longer I search, the lighter it get's. Soon all the outcasts are up and scavenging. We all help everyone look for and shelter. With winter coming we are going to need proper shelter, if we want to survive it. It gets warmer the higher the sun rises. When the sun is above the horizon, we can hear the city wake up. Th smell of food begins to appear. The wind carries it from the city to us. I start to wonder what it would be like to live in the city. Have all the food necessary and have a home that could protect me from the cold winter nights. I shake out of my daydream to focus on the task at hand.

Hours go by with no luck. Still no food or shelter. From the city we can hear it buzzing with life. Laughter and music can be heard. I can also hear sounds of the workers doing their jobs. My gaze is drawn to a group of outcasts talking. Wanting to know what they are talking about, I head over there to join the conversation.

~~~~~
A/N
I don't know if I should continue on. I wrote this for a school project and enjoyed writing it. So I decided I would put it on here and see what other people thought of it before I made my decision. If you think this could be a promising story, don't be scared to tell me. I swear to god I'm not scary. If you think nothing good will become of it, don't hate on it. Just politely ignore it. I guess that's everything so Little Mysty out