The Fear of Writing

I have silenced my voice for years, years, and years, and to a greater magnitude each year. Inspirations get forced to the back of my brain. I say I will write about it and put it out there, but I never do. Even if I conquer the first step of writing, I'm terrified to put it out there. What if something I say offends someone? What if people target me online? What if I get hate comments? What are the risks? Will I possibly regret posting this?...

And then it doesn't get posted.

I'm so glad I found this writing platform, because this is exactly what I need: a space to share my writing that has been boiling in my heart for years, but went unshared. My biggest life dream is to become a published author and put one of my books on the big screen. But I continue to let it just be a dream.

Thinking about actually putting my writing out into the world for all to see is the most terrifying thing ever. I know I will get hate comments. I know I will get criticism. I know I will face so many obstacles on the path to my biggest life dream. Will people think differently of me after reading my writing? Will everyone hate me? Will I lose friends?

I understand the obstacles, but I still want to go for my dream. Thinking of my movie and my story lights a fire in me every time, and makes me my most passionate self. For a while, I have sat on my couch dreaming about how my movie will look, spending countless hours in the car placing a movie scene with each song that comes on the radio.

I'm still afraid, because sharing this part of me is so hard. But I need to go for it, because I absolutely can't stand keeping it to myself anymore. My story needs to be heard, because I, as an individual, bring something completely unique and valuable to the world that no one else can (that is true for every single person).

That's it for today, folks. Can't wait to post my writing and hear from other writers, as well.