Day 2- Teamwork Practice

You all enter Mr. Ranger's classroom, exited for today's assignment. Mr. Ranger is sitting in his desk, reading the newspaper. He looked up as you all approached, a sad look on his face.

"Someone has lost their bond with their animal, out there in the world. It's a terrible thing to go through, as you feel depressed and sickly. It takes months, even years to get over a broken bond." He stood up. "I teach here to ensure that that will never happen to any of my students." Alec Ranger gazed at the window, lost in memory. "I don't want any of you to go through what I went through..."

Y'all look at each other, and whisper quietly among yourselves. Mr. Ranger went through a broken bond? That was why he never mentioned his animal. Then Roland clears his throat, stepping forward with his ring-tailed lemur Julian perched on his shoulder. "How-how long ago did you lose your companion?" He asked shyly, twirling his finger around Julian's striped tail. The people around him politely shush him for asking the question, but inside, you're all dying to know.

Mr. Ranger turned to face Roland and the others, sighing. "No, no, it's alright, Roland. I admire your curiosity." Roland puffed his chest out. "It was about three years ago when I lost Bebe, my female rabbit. We went on a hike in the Sianderthal Woods, down South some of this college. Bebe and I were very high up the mountain and decided to camp for the night. We settled in, and Bebe went outside the tent to do her business. After a couple minutes, I heard a low growl and Bebe squeal. I ran out, and there she was, soaked in blood and bleeding from her chest. She told me that a cougar had gotten hold of her and it had ripped her up pretty bad. We both knew she was going to die, so we curled in the tent and I stroked her and we exchanged our favorite memories together. In the early hours of the morning, she passed away right as I finished the story about how we met when I stuck my finger in the fountain here at Companion College."

Mr. Ranger stopped, his voice getting choked up in the end, and continued looking out the window. All the students were silent, letting the story sink in. You all realize in horror that that could happen to anyone.

Mr. Ranger turned around, and folded his hands behind his back. "Today you will be relying on your animal to tell you which cupcake you have in front of you will not blow up if you eat it, okay? You may or may not die, depending if your partner can tell the cupcakes apart. You also will be in a blindfold. Go sit in a desk, put on the blindfold, and let your animal tell you which of the five cupcakes is right. It will be really hard for them to tell, so try not to die." You all sit down, dazed at your teacher's bluntness.

(I'll start a chain. Ask if you have any questions!)