11 - Through her Body

He was about to start recording, but she stopped him.

"There's one more thing I want to ask you first," she said. "What exactly... I mean... how do you... what is it like to be that... small?"

"Well," Ethan replied "First try to imagine the roles were reversed. Like you were this small compared to me. I'd be taller than a skyscraper for you! Then think about how this is true for everybody else you would meet. Insects alone can be taller than you. Grass is as tall as your house, and you can sit on flowers. Everything is dangerous and almost everything could kill your frail body. But it can be exhilarating at times for sure! I'm actually really enjoying myself at this height. It's a very interesting experience."

"Wow. So if that has been interesting for you, I can only imagine how it's about to get."

And she held her hand up to her tongue and he pressed record.

"In this video, I will be taking you on a full tour of the digestive system. We will start in the mouth." Said Ethan as he stepped onto her somewhat familiar tongue. "This is were the process of digestion begins. The teeth are used to break down the food into smaller and more manageable chunks."

He walked up to one of her teeth and put his hand on it. "They are stronger than most other bones, which helps a lot when you eat."

He walked closer to the back of her mouth and pointed up. "These are the salivary glands that produce the saliva that actually aids in our digestion, as well as helping us chew and swallow."

He walked even further back and climbed onto her uvula. "This 'apparently useless' piece of flesh actually helps keep food and water from going up your nose. It is called 'the uvula'."

He finally stepped onto the back edge of her tongue. "That is pretty much all you need to know about the mouth. After the chewing, the tongue will push the food towards the same tube I am bout to jump into: the esophagus."

And without further ado, he jumped in.The result was instantaneous and he heard an audible *gulp* as he started to go down her throat. He had never actually made it this far in anybody's body, he normally wouldn't go past the mouth. Nonetheless, he continued with the presentation.

"The esophagus is fully automatic. Once you start to swallow, it will carry your food all the way down your throat. The muscles will keep pushing it down." He paused, then said, "This tube leads your food all the way down from your mouth to your stomach."

And sure enough, moments later he was forced into a large pit of acid. "This is where most of the digestion takes place. The acids are strong enough to break through human skin, so it is lined with a mucus so it doesn't melt your stomach. I am protected with a very strong and translucent material that resists acids." He then swam under the acids to the next part.

"Once you have passed through the stomach, you should be led right into the small intestine. This is the longest part of the digestive system, despite the name. It absorbs nutrients into your body." He waited quietly and kept recording footage for the video as he traveled through the entire thing. "After this comes the large intestine."

And so it did. When he entered the large intestine, he briefly said, "This absorbs water and vitamins, and actually is the second-to-last step. It brings the, uh, feces, to the rectum."

"Now you will travel through the rectum to the anus in which waste will be expelled from. We will censor the anus in the final video." (Later when editing, they blurred it out)

And then he fell down into the water in the toilet, and stopped the recording. 

Once she had scooped him out, they uploaded the video and edited it together. All of the facts she had found, he had said during his journey; he had a very keen memory. So they uploaded the file into her project slideshow (at the end) and prepared to explain to their science teacher how they had done this. Since the project was due in two days, they could show the teacher (Miss Chill) and then they had decided they would leave him at home for the presentation so nobody would try to get a glimpse of him or worse, grab or steal him. The video was big, but their next task was going to be bigger: somehow get the science teacher to understand how he had shrunken and teleported for apparently no reason.