The Gods We Worship

Say that I'm lying, and think that I'm crazy!

Believe what you want, but these facts remain true!

Say you don't believe in gods, well I'd think again!

These "gods" live among us, idols the prophets did offend!

Say that you don't care, for I don't expect otherwise!

However, I implore you, forsake these idols by name!

Behold, she who sits on a throne of solid iron:

Perfect in authority she may seem.

Only, this goddess does not know true judgement, nor wisdom or righteousness.

What will happen when she starts to abuse her authority?

End with disaster is what it will be!

Rebel again and again, oppression will come, authority will always be corrupted!

Look, he who lounges on a throne of gold and silver:

Majesty dressed as an expensive coat of royal value and glory.

Ores and jewels decorate his clothes, but don't be fooled by glimmer and shine!

Never has there been a god so cunning and vile by name!

Evade from his deals of fortune, should you not, you'll pay the price ten times more than you bargained for!

Yet, if you do fall, I pray you see the truth behind the glamour.

Before you, a creature who lays on her throne of silk and cushion:

Seductive in nature this goddess is, pity to all who follow this enchantress to her secret chamber.

Ecstasy you may find for a moment, but enslaved you shall be forevermore!

Xerotic, the road of mortality is hard, but it's better than the emptiness you'll feel inside, for she'll take everything you prize.

Finally, the angel who seduces, a black lion, who accuses all:

Perfect he was, until it all got into his head.

Revels in our sorrows, as your misery is what he did intend!

Ignores your troubles, for he hardly cares; but if it favors him, he'll prowl and slay until you are dead!

Don't think he cannot fool you!

Enlighten your hearts I beg, humble yourselves, for this beast will devour you and drag you to your end!

These false idols live among us as the Book of Prophecies had recorded. Boast and proclaim these transcripts outdated, but you will look like a blind fool instead! Now move forth and see the world as it is; open your eyes here and now, but beware of the principalities who seek to strike us down!