Not real

(Xichen POV)

"Android #21308, I need to take you back to L.A for treatment." Liu Yuxin said.

"Fine. But, I'm not leaving without Lin Fan."

"I guess we can arrange to bring her along."

"What do you say pretty girl?" I asked her with a smile.

"Hell yeah i'm in!" Lin Fan shouted and they all headed out the door and to the car to drive to the airport.
——————————————————————————
It was still daytime when we arrived in L.A.
Lin Fan was amazed. There were so many people of different kinds of people with extravagant clothing choices and weird hair.

"Woah!" She laughed and twirled around a pole before catching up to me and gripping my arm.

"Where are we going?" She asked me.

"To my academy facility."

"Oooooohhh Does that mean I get to meet all of your friends?"

"Mhm" I looked at her and grinned.

(Lin Fan POV)

When we arrived at the main building we got on an elevator that went to the fourth floor. I gulped, and when the elevator stopped, I was greeted by a large door that had a body recognition scanner. Liu Yuxin went through first, and I was next, the scanner thingy went over my body and Detected that I was human before Xichen inserted a card into the wall and the door opened for me. Xichen walked in soon after.

"How did you do that?" A said while walking down a dark hallway.

"Oh it's basically just a visitor's key. Only the top 5 androids from this company actually have these, because most of them are not trusted enough."

"You're in the top 5?!"

"I'm #1. "

"Woah!" I exclaimed loudly.

"Shhhhhh Lin Fan. If any of the untrained Androids detect that you're human, they're instructed to remove you from the premises. Which could possibly include throwing you out a window." Yuxin whispered.

I gulped and Yuxin opened another door that revealed a white main room. It was HUGE and there were people everywhere!

"Woahhhh so many people!"

"They're not real. They're just robots."
Yuxin said again.

"You know that's not very nice- I was cut off by Xichen.

"No. She's right. These Androids are low quality makes. They're not able to function like humans and were only created to act as servants. Most of the original models for these androids were created back in 2030."

"2030?" Woah! That's over 100 years ago!"

Xichen smiled. "Yeah. That's because they were only created to be servants for the rich. These type of robots have specific abilities. For example, cooking, cleaning, teaching, baby sitting, etc."

I looked over at one Android who was banging into a wall. "Is she okay?"

"Oh yeah. She's Melissa. She in fact was created back in 2017. That's why she has not legs and she's dumb as rocks."

"Can I go talk to her?" I asked quietly.

"Go ahead." Xichen and Yuxin exclaimed before following me over.

"Hi. I'm Lin Fan."

"Hello there. My name is Melissa. How can I help you?"

"Oh. I just wanted to say hi-

"Searching the web for "I just wanted to say hi". Please wait a moment."

I sat there confused and then looked at Xichen who was giggling.

"Playing "I want to get high" by The Cactus Wranglers."

"No! That's not what I-

"No? Should I stop?"

"Yes. Please stop."

"Sorry I was an inconvenience to you. Goodbye!"
And then the bot went back to bashing its head against the wall.

"Wow." I stood there froze, looking at Xichen, before smiling.

She blushed and her pupils dilated when she looked at me. It's insane. She seems so real. But really, she was just a robot. She even had an artificially created personality. She was crafted.

She held my hand and we walked up to another elevator. The buttons on the elevator read:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Training
Schooling

"Why are the buttons upside down?"

"Rather than ranging from what floor it's on, it ranges from the least intelligent androids to most intelligent."

"Oh....so we're on floor 1 now?"

"Yup!" She pressed the button to floor 10 and the elevator headed down. When we stopped on floor 10 it was beautiful. The room was way bigger than the previous one, with a kitchen, lounging area, and a bowling alley and that's only what I could see! There were plenty more rooms with shut or locked doors.

Xichen walked out and did jazz hands "Welcome to my crib! This is where the top 100 androids in All of America live."

"It doesn't look like 100 people."

"That's because most of the top androids are sent on missions around the globe. There are only a few here that actually live here full time." Yuxin said with a smile.

"So how many are here right now?"

"23. Including me."

"Cool." I nodded.

"Wanna see my room?" Xichen asked excitedly.

I said "of course!" And followed her. She went to a door that read "top 20" and slid a key card into the lock. The door opened and a long hallway with about 20 doors was in front of me. She dragged me down the hallway until we reached a door with a star on it that had a #1 on it and a sign that said "Android #21308" She used her key card again and unlocked the door.

When she opened it I was amazed. The room was big and black with a large projected tv covering the whole wall, a huge king sized bed, a closet, a bathroom and a puppy sitting on the floor. Wait....A PUPPY?!

"OMG ITS A PUPPY!"

"Yep! That's Lex. She's my dog."

"Is she real?" I asked.

"What do you mean by real?"

"Like...is she a real or is she a robot."

"She's a robot...but she's real either way. So am I."

I felt bad. I guess I really didn't take her feelings seriously.

"Xichen?"

"Yes Yuxin?" She responded, obviously irritated.

"Xichen! You're feeling! You got offended and- and angry! You got sad! You felt hurt! How is that even possible?" Yuxin screamed.

"Lin Fan. That's why it was possible"
She said while looking at me and grinning a little.

Maybe I'll be able to teach her how to love, too.
———————————————————————————
This is so weird because I'm writing the chapters like 4 weeks before I publish them- so at the time this chapter is being uploaded there's already like 6 chapters that I wrote after that I haven't posted lol.