1.4

Hi, the Upper East Siders. There's nothing Gossip Girl likes more than a surprise. And we hear Blair Waldorf's got a 3-for-1 special, her mom Eleanor who just returned from Paris and Serena van der Woodsen and Arabella Rynsburger brunch buddies.

Serena and I decided to surprise Blair. When we get to her house she is still asleep but her mom is more than happy to entertain Serena and I.

Eventually Blair comes wandering out of her room still in her pajamas.

"Hey! You're up," Serena greets.

Blair looks confused. "Did we have plans?"

"Darling it is impolite to interrupt." Eleanor blows a kiss at Blair. "I was just telling Serena and Arabella that Bendel's is interested in carrying my line."

Blair looks at her surprised but happy. "Really? Oh, thats fantastic! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I came back from Paris early to put together my lookbook, and if they like what they see, it could be the beginning of an essential lifestyle collection," Eleanor explains.

"Because more people should be like you, mother," Blair says. She smiles as she brings  a croissant to her mouth.

Eleanor stops her, "Before you tuck into that, you might find a low fat yogurt more appealing."

Blair looks at Serena and I. We both get the message and walk over towards Eleanor's designs.

"I lost two pound when you were away," Blair tells her mother.

"And you look marvelous," Eleanor tells her.

I pick up one of Eleanor's pieces and look it over. "Wow, these are beautiful, Mrs. Waldorf."

"Well, they will be." Eleanor stands up. "If they're not all squished from traveling." She taps Blair on the shoulder. "Darling, please." She walks right past her daughter. "Serena, Arabella, you two have to come back later when everything is unpacked." Serena holds up a dress in front of her. "I would love to hear your thoughts. You do have such great personal style."

Serena smiles. "Oh, thank you, but I don't think we'll be able to."

"Serena, Blair, and I have plans today," I tell Eleanor.

Eleanor looks surprised. "Oh."

"We do?" Blair asks.

Blair, Serena, and I spend the afternoon shopping. As we walk down the street two older guys look at us like we're the last piece of cake.

Blair rolls her eyes. "Oh, god. I forgot what it was like to be with you."

Serena shakes her head. "No, they were looking at the three of us."

I give her a look. "Don't insult me."

"It's been like this all morning, starting with your lovely visit with my mother," Blair adds. "She didn't even call me to tell me she was coming home."

"Well, she was busy. She was rushing to get home and everything because she wanted to see you," Serena insists.

"She didn't even wake me up," Blair counters.

"Well, you know how Eleanor feels about beauty rest," Serena reasons.

"She likes you more than me," Blair states.

"She does not. You are her daughter. She doesn't like anyone more than you.She just... I don't know, doesn't know how to show it sometimes," Serena argues.

"Okay, I'm going inside." Blair heads towards a restaurant. "Wait for me. I'll be right back."

Serena turns to look at me. I throw my hands up. "Don't look at me. We all know Serena van der Woodsen is everyone's favorite."