Share ko lang 1: "JS Prom"

"Sorry Paul, nahihirapan ulit akong huminga kailangan ko nang magpasundo."

"Andito na dad ko. Bye, babawi ako next time promise." Cheska said before she left

It was eleven in the evening, I went to the balcony while they dance and enjoyed their last ball in highschool. I looked at the sky thinking why am I the only one unhappy tonight, was it because Cheska left? I even accompanied her to where her dad's car parked outside the hotel venue just a while ago, sad and worried.

I walk back and forth into the hallway nothing to do. I needed some cold fresh air so returned by the balcony while hearing the sound of romantic disco at the third floor above me.

I was bored, so I begun to remove my bow tie and suit leaving just with the vest, roll up my sleeves, and thought to pack my stuff to leave.

As I was about to go to by the room where I placed my bag I passed by my classmates Shayn, April, and Sofia.

"Ken!" Sofia called me by my nickname

"Babalik kana sa taas?" She added in question

I'll be on my way home I said, which surprised them since it's our last prom, and I didn't get to enjoy such memorable night. April and Shayn gave me their care regards and goodbye while Sofia says nothing. Sofia ask both of her friends to go before her and she'll catch up with them later.

She then brought me to the balcony where I just had my little drama seconds ago, interrogates me with cute and nonsense questions. Having her alone in the balcony made me stammered some words since we often converse alone.

"Ba't nag e-emote2x ka, broken ka siguru noh?" Sofia asked irrelevant to what I currently feel

"Haha, 'di ah umuwi na kasi date ko sinundo siya ng papa niya, 'di ko man lang siya naisayaw." I replied

She continued to ask "this and that" things, thus, I'm not in the mood to answer such, so I begun to question her instead.

"San pala kayo pupunta nila Shayn at April?"

"Napag-utosan kasi kami ni sir. Romeo na humiram ng extension wire sa reception." She replied

"Galing ni sir ah kayo pa talaga ang na utosan, sa ayos nyong nyan?" I replied sarcastically

Time goes fast and forgot my boredom indicated a good time chat, also gave me the laughs I need for the night.

The prom music above stopped playing made both Sofia and I wondered what happened. Suddenly "Versace on the floor" softly started to play. We awkwardly stared at each other then laughed afterwards.

"Ayan na nag sisimula na." Sofia said smiling

I begun to notice how pretty she bacame tonight giving me malicious thoughts about her. Although she isn't my type, however I just couldn't take my eyes of her.

"Wala pa akong first dance." She added looking away from me

"Ken, yayain mo naman ako, di naman masamang maging sweet kahit paminsan."

I didn't know what to say but she looks undeniably stunning in red, and with those words in mind that she uttered, I might lose control of my libido, so I remained silent.

We heard the music kept on changing even it wasn't finished yet, and which totally ruined the momentum of romantic ambience. I thought it was funny and awkward, but thank goodness I say. However, it wasn't enough to stop her from what she felt. Out of the blue, her cheeks begins to turn red making them feel soft as if they were steamed buns, and her breath visible to the coldness of the night.

"Ken naman eh, mag salita ka naman" Sofia sighs

So she begins to remove her high heels sandals and putting them unorganized behind her, she placed both of my hands on her waist, then danced randomly which made us look like a drunk couple from a far.

She did a great job lifting up my spirit tonight, so I closed my eyes.

"Oh ganito oh oh ayan" words coming out from her while she dances

"Sumayaw ka din Ken wag mahiya" she added insisting me to dance as well

I felt relieved in this small amount of light rays towards us and this romantic night of December, as she slowly looking directly into my face my mind runs into a panic knowingly I can't handle romantic "thingy". Sweat slowly forming through my sideburns and heats my body in tension.

*music changed to soft sweet instrumentals*

The ad-lib's goes along with the "thug thug" atmosphere we are present in. We had no words to speak only heart throbbing romantic music.

She started to feel comfortable by putting both of her hands to my chest then slowly dragging it to wrap me around my neck with her arms.

She couldn't face me this time, so I decided land my forehead unto hers then we swayed following the tempo of the music when suddenly...

"Uy uy uy uy ano yan!"

"Luh oh"

"Aieee kaya pala 'di sumama."

"Harot nyong dalawa ha." April and Shayn teases both Sofia and I

"Luh 'di kaya." Sofia denied as she moves away from me

I felt embarrassed as she was. I didn't even expect this to happen in the first place. Blushing perfectly fits with her red dress and laughing along since we were caught in act.

"Yehey, may first dance na din ako." Sofia said then smiled

"Sama kana samin pabalik sa taas." She added

Sofia grabs her heels runs upstairs bare footed which I thought it's cute.

Later on, I was really glad to see that she became the Queen of the night though I had no title. Right after she danced with Enzo (the King of the night) she requested another dance with me and everyone was literally shocked.

Some said it's cute, but I wasn't even dressed properly because I had removed my bow tie, suit and a hair messed up just a while ago. I resisted at first, but they might think I'm rude so I played along with her. Even though some of my classmates laughed, I knew I had to return the favor for her for making my prom interesting.

After the prom has ended Sofia borrowed the King's crown ran to take a picture with me. Later she posted our photo with a caption "My first dance".

Right after everyone left the hotel I didn't think of going home, but instead went to my classmate's place got drunk bragging about how my prom went until we fell asleep. I really thought the money I paid would go to waste, thanks Sofia.

~🐼