Chapter Three

Chapter Three

..:Ellie:..

“Ellie, I don’t know what you are doing in there, but I need you to hurry up,” Clarkrasped against the door of the bathroom. How was I supposed to do anything with this mop on top of my head, I thought to myself. Sure, the stylist had just said, “flip it back and run your fingers through it and it’ll look amazing.” I groaned. There was no way my hair would do anything close to what she had done that night.                   

It had been almost three weeks since Clarktook me to that elegant party where people ogled over me in the blue dress, almost three weeks since I smashed my hand into the bathroom, cutting it to hell, almost three weeks since my life as Clark Spencer’s fiancé. He had told me we were going out with some of his associates and I needed to get dressed up again. It made me feel special that he wanted to show me off again to his friends.

Almost all of the bruises had faded and almost every one of the horrible memories of my past was fading quickly. Clarktreated me as if I was a princess, at my disposal for everything. It was something I wasn’t used to this kind of treatment. “Ellie, now,” he barked, causing me to jump up and squeal. I heard his laughter on the other side of the door. I ran my fingers through my mop one more time, sighing with frustrating and putting the finishing touches on my eye makeup.

When I opened the door to the bathroom, he was sitting on the bed in a black Armani suit, finished off with a silver satin tie that matched the silver satin dress he had picked out for me for this occasion. I loved his fashion sense; he always picked out something that was functional yet amazingly beautiful. My dress was cut just above my knee and hugged every curve I had. Since we hadn’t been out since the other night, I wanted to prove that I could be something that he wanted to really show off. He took hold of my arm and we descended the stairs to the main lobby area where he, like a gentleman, opened the door and ushered me out.

The wind flipped my hair around and chilled me to the bone. I groaned as we climbed into the limousine.

“Don’t fret Ellie, you look amazing yet again,” he said pulling my lips to his, kissing gently. My heart fluttered and my pulse sped. He hadn’t touched me so much as to kiss me gently since that night. I wanted him so badly it was killing me on the inside with need. I wanted him to want me. Apparently, he did because he told me over and over how much he did, but he hadn’t been able to prove it since I smashed my hand in. He didn’t want to hurt me.

Pushing aside my frustrations, I snuggled into his warmth awaiting our arrival at this party he was taking me too. When we arrived the door was opened and again the paparazzi flashed millions of pictures of us. I had yet to askClarkwhat he did for a living. I needed too because as famous as he seemed to be on this side of town, he did something either illegal or beyond my imagination.

“Right this way mister Spencer,” ushered a man in an all white suit. As we entered the main lobby of a ritzy hotel we were ushered into the ballroom. Several people were sitting at tables drinking on their champagne while others were walking around the room mingling with people. Clarkshook some hands before taking a seat at a table with our names written on little place cards. Ellie Davis, mine said. I couldn’t believe I was here. I felt like a VIP who shouldn’t have been. I chuckled to myself as Timothy; the man from the other night came and sat at the table with us. The woman with him wasn’t the same as the other night. I chuckled as they sat down. I could tell that he was a player who just wanted a hit it and quit it kind of relationship. I prayed thatClark wouldn’t be like that and as soon as he fucked me, he would dump me like a disposable rag.

“Timothy you need to come by my house this evening and I need to show you the latest project I have been working on,” saidClark, speaking over the loud room. Timothy smiled an eerie smile and nodded his head. The bimbo on his left didn’t seem to have a care in the world as the banquet went on. After about an hour of mingling with the people who sat at our table, the speakers boomed over the room addressing everyone to sit down for the main event.