Chapter 1

My alarm clock blares every morning at exactly 5:45 am. It feels like I just fell asleep. I don't want to get up, but this might be my only chance to leave this hell hole, so I force myself out of my bed. I drag my feet to my outdated and ugly bathroom. It is sky blue with cotton white walls, toilet, and shower stall. I take a warm five minute shower then blow dry my straight hair. I go to my bedroom and get dressed. I get dressed in a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with holes in the knees. I pair it with a cotton soft black concert tee of one of my favorite bands, Of mice and men. I hear a knock on the heavy set front door and I walk to open it excited. It's my boyfriend, Mason! His aquamarine eyes twinkle in the premature sunlight. His cotton candy pink lips twitch and form into his world famous smirk. I smile a friendly grin and giggle softly to myself.

"Hey babe. You ready," he asks in a slight country drawl.

"I just have to grab my suitcase and purse then I am ready, " I say smiling.

"Let me help," he says, barging through the 5'9 doorframe.

His 6'2 figure makes him a giant in my house. I don't know how we are a couple. He is 6'2 and I'm 5'2. A whole foot apart. It is so awkward. He grabs my olive green duffle bag and swings it over his shoulder. I slip on black Hanes socks and matching Vans. I swing my Vera Bradley neon orange cross-body bag that was a gift from a really good friend named Bella. I grab some last minute things and shove them into my purse
He opens the passenger seat door which is my favorite seat. I jump in with such glee. He sits down in the driver seat and kisses my left cheek, softly. My favorite place to be kissed since the incident. It always knocks me off of my feet every time we kiss.

"Where are we going to again? Are you sure you wanna do this? No backing out now," Mason says breaking the uncomfortable and awkward silence.

"Deerpointe and yes, I'm sure. "

I look at the plain old scenery that I see everyday. " I hate this place. "

He drives us to Indianapolis International Airport that is about 45 mins away. Turns out the flight was delayed a whole two two hours. We decide to spend the extra time, eating McDonald's. I pick at my sausage mcbiscuit. I'm terrified about flying. I have anxiety attacks, but I haven't had any about flying. I can't tell him; he would leave me in a heartbeat. The intercom screeches on.

"Flight 103 to Deerpointe Montana has arrived. Please wait for further instructions. Thank you," the monotone manager says. My boyfriend throws away our wrappers and other trash away in the trash can next to us. He grabs our bags and my right hand, walking towards the plane.