Eighteen

"Anything that stands in your way, you have to cut it down to move forward. I have been telling you from the start, but you still remain to be an idiot," the old man in royal attire of a different colour than the king said, looking at his son in disgust and disappointment. Prince Thanawut gritted his teeth to what he just heard. "Father, I'm doing all I can. You know how we'll be suspected if something happens to the reporter now," he said to which the old man scoffed, "You are a disappointment."

Prince Thanawut clenched his fists. He had heard these words all his life howmuchever he tried to please his father. He was often compared with his cousin Arthit, four years younger than him, causing Thanawut to hate that boy. That's why when his dear cousin revealed to him that he was attracted to boys, Thanawut didn't think twice before hiring San. He knew that he needed solid proof to let the king know that his son wasn't fit for the throne. He didn't regret it because the crown prince position that was suddenly bestowed on him is so alluring that he can't wait to find how sitting on the throne feels like. But here his father was still disregarding him.

"Atleast I am not gay like your brother's son. Can't you be happy with that?" Thanawut asked, annoyed. "That's the only good thing about you. If the boy didn't have that one fault, you would never have stood a chance. That's why I am telling you to do something about the coronation first," the old man advised. "Yes father, I have already made a plan. I'll be the king in few weeks. Don't worry about that," Prince Thanawut said. "I am not worried about you. I don't want the opportunity to slip away from your hands once again because of your stupidity. Also, what if Arthit comes back? Did you look for him?" Thanawut gritted his teeth to what his father said. I have to get rid of this nagging old man first, once I become the king, he thought, anger building inside him. "What are you looking at?" his father asked, disgust written on his face.  "Do you think Arthit is capable of surviving alone, father? He needed the servants' help to even tie his shoelaces. The robber would have killed him that day itself. Who would want to protect someone like him?" Thanawut asked, irritated, before he turned and walked off, leaving the old man, who kept nodding his head agreeing to what his son just said.

Kongpop opened his eyes and smiled at the sight of the prince, who was sleeping like a baby in his arms. He moved closer and kissed him on the forehead to which Arthit stirred in his sleep before slowly opening his eyes. "Good morning," he said in a gentle voice, smiling. Kongpop smiled back before moving forward to kiss his dimples, to which Arthit chuckled. "My grandmother was right. You are as pretty as a flower," Kongpop said, looking fondly at the man in his arms. Arthit furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Kongpop in confusion before raising his hand to touch the latter's cheek, running his thumb over the scar. Kongpop caught his hand, asking, "Why do you keep touching that ugly scar?" "Everytime I see it, I am reminded of how brave you have been through all the struggles in your life. It gives me courage to face the future, no matter how hard it is going to be," Arthit said, still running his thumb over the scar. Kongpop looked at Arthit in surprise. To date, Kongpop had thought of the scar as a part of his bad past and he usually ignored it as he was often reminded of how he had to abandon his grand mother. The fact that Arthit actually looked at it in a positive way made him smile.

"So are you ready to fight for what's yours?" he asked to which Arthit nodded his head and snuggled closer to Kongpop. "P'Arthit, you have to get up and have breakfast first to have some energy to fight," Kongpop said, laughing. "I don't want to get up now," Arthit mumbled, his grip around Kongpop growing tighter. "I can't believe that our future king is being a baby right now," Kongpop chuckled. Arthit suddenly raised his head to stare intensely into Kongpop's eyes leaving the latter confused. "If everything goes well, will you stay by me, Kong?" he asked. Kongpop blinked twice and gulped before sitting up as Arthit kept looking at him for a reply. "I'm going to shower," he declared, getting off the bed and rushing off to the bathroom, grabbing a towel.

Kongpop closed the bathroom door shut and leaned his back against it before few tear drops fell from his eyes. He placed his palm over where his heart was thumping as if to burst out of his chest. He didn't want to think of the future. The thought of what would happen to them once Arthit goes back was driving him crazy. He clearly knew the answer to Arthit's question, but he didn't want to say it loud. If he stayed beside Arthit, he would always be the dirty stain in the future king's life. The man has endured enough and Kongpop didn't want to make it more difficult for him with his presence. But somehow, he didn't have the courage to put his thoughts into words knowing very well how Arthit would react and how his own heart would break.

As soon as Kongpop got out of the bathroom after the shower, he felt Arthit grab his shoulders and pin him against the wall. "P'Arthit," Kongpop called, startled at the sudden act. Without a word, Arthit leaned forward, kissing the life out of Kongpop who first stood shocked before slowly closing his eyes, gradually giving in, his arms wrapping around Arthit's waist. "What was that P'?" Kongpop asked as soon as Arthit moved away panting. "Making memories," he replied smiling, after steadying his breath, and then moved towards Kongpop, who looked at him not knowing what to say. "I know what's in your mind, Kong. If you can't be with me, just wait, I'll come to you," Arthit said, his eyes looking determined. "Ewww! so cheesy!" Kongpop said, laughing, pushing Arthit away. "I mean it Kong," Arthit said, in a serious tone causing Kongpop's smile to vanish. "You are being too courageous, aren't you? Let's first get you to the palace safely, P'," he said as Arthit nodded his head before walking to the bathroom to take a shower.

It was turning dark and Dae, Bright and Oak had gathered at Dae's cafe. Oak and Dae watched Bright, who was engaged in a serious coversation with Tew. "They have left from there. I'll go and get them," Bright said as he ended the call and walked towards them. "Okay, bring them here and we'll decide on what to do. Oak, will you be fine?" Dae asked Oak who was once again in his disguise. "Don't worry about me P'. I'll keep reporting to you until you all reach there," Oak said, pointing to the ear piece that was barely visible among his messy hair. Soon Oak and Bright went their ways while Dae decided to wait in his cafe.

"P'," Kongpop called among the group of people who came out of the big boat. Bright rushed to his nong before pulling him into a tight hug. "How are you Kong? Did P'Tew treat you well?" Bright asked, his tone dramatic, until the prince who stood next to Kongpop caught his eye. Bright looked at Arthit in confusion about how to address the prince. When he finally opened his mouth to say "Your...," Arthit interrupted him by saying, "Hello, P'Bright." Soon, they were on their way to Dae's cafe.

Oak furrowed his eyebrows seeing two expensive cars parked in front of the house where reporter Prem was held. He sneaked his way through the gates without the men standing next to the cars noticing him, thanks to the faulty street light in front of the house. He looked around before scrunching his eyes to look through the tall window of the room where he saw the reporter the other day. But this time, there were few more people in the room. "P', there are four people in there and three people are standing outside," Oak said, in almost a whisper, pressing the ear piece. "Okay, Bright isn't here yet. Stay where you are, in case someone notices you," Dae suggested and the next second he heard a deep voice asking, "Who are you?" "Damn! Nong," Dae called softly and got no response. He waited for sometime and still got no reply until the call ended.

Suddenly the sound of the door opening startled Dae. He turned to see that it was Bright with the two young men and sighed in relief. "Bright, it's Oak. I think they caught him," Dae said, hurriedly walking towards Bright, Kongpop and Arthit, who looked shocked and the next moment, all four of them rushed to the end of the alley with pounding hearts, hoping nothing bad happens.