Life of the Past

Prologue

Picture of Athena on the side>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Does it bother you?” I heard my mother question him.

 “What are you talking about?” My father replied.

I quickly hurried to hide behind the plush red curtains that hang in my fathers office.    From this point I could not only see better, but hear better too.

“Does it bother you that your only child is a girl?     That I am no longer able to have children? That you will never have the chance to   hand over the alpha title traditionally, like it was done for generations?” my mother was close to tears by the end of her miniature rant.  

“Does it bother me, that our little girl is the one of the strongest in our pack, despite her being only seven?   Does it bother me, that our little angel will be alpha of the second largest and strongest of the world?  Of course not, fuck tradition!  We are  talking about our little girl.  We are talking about our little angel.  Who cares if we only have one child and she’s a girl!  She’s our light in our darkness, we don't need anything else.  If anything happened to you or her I would be nothing.  Living  without the two of you, would be like trying to live without air.  So no, it does not   bother me that our only child is a girl,” my father says, coming close to a faint  whisper by the end of his speech.  

They grow closer together, I could tell they were about to kiss.

Suddenly,  the alarm went off for everyone in our pack.  All I could hear was   yelling and screaming, while everyone rushed to take their fighting positions.  I   scramble toward my parents, finding comfort near them.  I was trying to choke back tears, while clinging to my parents.  

I could hear heavy footsteps pounding against the steps, I instantly knew these   wolves where not from my pack.  

I hadn't realized my father had blocked off the door, until my mother let go of me to stand beside my father.  She looked back and mouthed the word “window” before   gently pushing me over toward our grand window.  

I hurriedly ran over to the curtains where I silently hid myself, I knew I couldn't just leave her behind.   

The door burst open and in came the menacing wolves.  My father instantly   attacked, but they didn't bother to fight back.  I was confused, but I didn't have time to ponder on that.  But my mother on the other hand was instantly attacked.  My   father killed almost every wolf that neared her, but one managed to slip by. It was   going for the kill, her neck.  

I secretly went behind the attack, and pushed myself to use every last muscle in my body to make the kill blow to the powerful wolf.  The crackling of the animals neck in my own animals mouth was the silencer to all.  I quickly shifted and went to my mothers side.

I wasn't aware that these would be the last moments we would ever have each other.  

“Come closer,” she whispered as I pulled myself close “ you must get revenge for   your father and I.  Make it painful.  Do it.  Do it for me.  I love you, I will forever.”

Her head lulled to the side, I then realized my father had entered the room.  “ My   love of my life, live for me.  Carry out my wishes.  Make me proud.  I love you,   more than anything.  

With that, she released her last breathe in my arms.