Chapter 20

Sanyukta sat with Randhir all the while taking care of him, by evening Randhir had fallen asleep. She asks Sanaya to stay by Randhir and make some excuse in case he wakes up. Sanyukta then takes a cab to Saniyal industries.

'Excuse me, I need to meet Mr. Rehan Bajaj...its urgent' Sanyukta says to the receptionist. The girl nods her head and calls someone from her landline.

'And you are?' she asks looking at Sanyukta, still holding the receiver to her ear

'Sanyukta Shekawat' Sanyukta says

The girl nods her head again and gets back to the call, after few minutes she keeps the phone and looks at Sanyukta

'Maam, sir is in his cabin. He will meet you there' the receptionist says smiling warmly.

Sanyukta nods, she feels nervous as she walks towards Rehan's cabin. But she should mask her nervousness with confidence as she needs to stay strong. She has to threaten him to stay away from Randhir.

She knocks the door

'Come in' she hears his voice, she takes a deep breath to calm herself and slowly twists the knob and opens the door.

Rehan is working on his laptop, Sanyukta enters the room. He looks up

'Hello, Bhabhi' he says smiling widely and leans back against the chair, Sanyukta looks away pressing her lips tightly. She hates him so much.

'How is Bro?' Rehan asks playing with his pen, his gaze fixed on her. Sanyukta glares at him folding her arms across her chest.

'Why?' she asks

Rehan simply looks at her with his eyebrows raised, 'You know what I mean, Rehan.' Sanyukta says

Rehan stands up and walks towards Sanyukta, 'You Should be thankful to me that I saved Bro but you...' he says, Sanyukta rolls her eyes

'I was passing by where Bro was lying, covered in blood and was in a very pathetic state. I couldn't have left him there to die. He is my family after all' Rehan says calmly

Sanyukta still eyes him suspiciously, but he has a point, he did save Randhir. Even though she hates him, she feels grateful that he saved her husband. If anything would have had happened to him, Sanyukta didn't know how she would have dealt with the loss. Even thinking about it makes her shudder with fear.

'Thanks' she says through gritted teeth. Rehan smiles victoriously.

'Randhir is now in safe hands you needn't bother. And stay away from him. Take this as a warning' she says pointing her index finger at him. Rehan smiles taking a step back raising his hands in air.

Sanyukta then storms out of the cabin not looking back.

Sanaya is sitting by Randhir reading a magazine and feeling bored. Randhir is sleeping under the influence of sedatives. Sanyukta enters the room, she is relieved to see Randhir sleeping peacefully.

'Sanyukta, thank goodness you came' Sanaya says sighing in relief as Sanyukta walks into the room.

'Sorry, I was getting these chocolates for Randhir...these are his favourite' Sanyukta says fishing out few chocolates out of her hand bags. Sanaya eyes them greedily.

'They are for Randhir' Sanyukta says smiling to which Sanaya responds pouting. Sanyukta places her bag on the chair and walks to Randhir's bed.

'Did he trouble you much?' Sanyukta asks without looking at Sanaya but admiring Randhir's sleeping figure and gently caressing his hair

'Nope, he was a complete angel...' Sanaya says, Sanyukta frowns at Sanaya not believing this. They look at each other for few seconds and then start to laugh.