Chapter 9: Killings

The tearing, deathly pain that rippled through Eli's body was almost unbearable.

As both dark magic and burning white pain surged through Eli's body, the Seer wondered whether or not was is it the right choice as he fell to his knees on the floor, blood coming out from the new wound.

'Ouch......' Eli's groans were barely audible as he continued to take in the pain.

The Count stared at Eli in complete disbelief. Anger, hatred, surprise......

'You dare interfere with my killing, Huntsman?!' The Count's voice sounded dark and evil.

'You dare to stop me from landing the killer strike on prey that has bound to be wiped out?!'

'Yes...... I do......' Eli's voice became weaker and weaker, the blood gushing out of his wound a creepy void-black.

'...... For I am not at all under the control of your darkness......'

'Traitor,' The Count's tone held a heavy amount of disgust and hate as he spat the words out as though it were poison. He brandished his claws and raised them into the air, the murderous look in his eyes creepy enough to paralyse a full army of brave people.

'You have no worth in living any longer!'

The moment the Count's claws came down, however, Eli snapped his head upwards, his eyes glowing with a weird power.

'It is you who shall perish, you useless vampire.'

The claws of the Count slashed right down upon the Seer, but Eli didn't even flinch. The moment the claws came and inch closer to him, he shot his hand out and grabbed onto the Count's claws with unimaginable force.

The Count looked at the Seer in surprise. 'What's your idea, you traitor?'

Eli felt the pain that was still surging through his body, the end of his hand burning as though by wildfire. However, he knew that if he just took in the pain a little longer......

'Thank you, Fiona.'

The Count's eyes held confusion. 'What are you murmuring about, you worthless-'

A hammer slammed right into the side of the distracted Count, sending him crashing into the nearby wall. The force from the hammer was apparently enough to send the Count crashing right through the wall and into the next room.

Fiona reemerged from the shadows, the ends of her hammer glowing a powerful red as her reddish-brown eyes were shadowed by her purplish-black hood, her hair a strong crimson.

'No problem,' The Shadow Girl replied, though Eli felt alarmed the moment he realised that fear was present in Fiona's voice. 'The others are somewhere on the Hunters' side of the Manor.'

Eli turned back towards Helena, who didn't move a single bit ever since the arrival of the Count.

'Get out of here now,' Eli informed the Mind's Eye. 'Before the Count recovers.'

Helena barely nodded before slamming her cane onto the floor, and she ran out of sight.

Eli smiled weakly and groaned. He looked down at his severe wound, of which the blood was still gushing out from. He didn't feel like he wasn't going to die anytime soon, but dizziness was indeed making its way into his soul......

Eli heard Fiona spat. 'I couldn't heal you now,' She grumbled. 'The darkness from my magic might as well cause you to-'

The flapping of wings were loud and clear as the Count shot out from the hole in the wall, the murderous glare that he gave with his visible ruby-red eye piercing right into Fiona and Eli's souls. Mostly Eli's.