𝖎𝖎. NOT Just a Dream

『Act I •  Side A』
CHAPTER TWO

『Act I •  Side A』CHAPTER TWO

✨🌙🔮🌙✨

June doesn't recall how and when she began feeling afraid of blood, but it took a large toll on her. June wasn't very cheery about having any phobias because no one else in her family did, and she means no one. Her parents were proficient doctors, the entirety of the walls in June's house were decorated with certificates, praising them for their accomplishments. And her grandparents and great-grandparents— from what June had heard they were exceptional, awing everyone with whatever they did, some of their achievements were even plastered in the almost-haunted room in her house. But June, the last descendant of the Tanaka house in this generation has a weakness, and that makes her feel pathetic. She only began feeling okay about having hemophobia when a ten-year old Stiles reminds her that no one is perfect and that everyone has their own flaws. June wanted to disagree, posing her family as an example but for the sake of not letting him down, she did not— and quietly muttered an "okay".

Almost all the pencil-thin scratches on June's body dry out except for the larger cut on her cheek that pours blood all over her face. Even though it has now been hours since the ominous attack of the psychotic birds, the pain hasn't subsided. The scent of blood ruined her entire day as she tries to ignore it or get rid of it, but all she can do is use the stark white tissue to dab on her wound and pretend to not see the cosmic stain printed on it. The second period had gotten cancelled and June, along with a few more students were sent to the nurse's office. The police too had arrived to investigate the sudden strange behaviour of the crows.

Stiles disappeared after the incident, much to June's dismay. It had been too long since they were 'normal' around each other and June missed his presence. She sought his company after the attack only to find out from Lydia that he left, skipping the rest of the day from school. 

Speaking of Lydia Martin: turns out she isn't too bad of a company. Stiles has been in love with her for as long as June could remember, ten years to be exact. ( June was the first person who Stiles ever confessed his 'secret' love to, but that wasn't important. )

"It'll heal, don't worry." Lydia promises once the final bell rings, indicating the end of the school day. June feels beyond relieved, all she wants to do now is lie down on her bed and forget about the wrench in her cheek from the tiniest wound. She would like to sleep specifically without the recurring nightmare about Scott McCall, of course. 

June nods to Lydia in acknowledgement, grazing the band-aid plastered to her cheek. Allison Argent comes into view, bowing her head at Lydia, her hooded eyes are narrow and discreet. When she waves at June kindly, a thought suddenly occurs in her head. June silently waves back and before she can stop herself, she asks, "You're dating Scott. . . right?" 

June immediately regrets asking when Allison's chocolate eyes widen, the question taking her by surprise. Lydia's ginger eyebrows furrow as she looks back and forth between the other two girls, one flushed and the other just confused. "Uh, no." Allison says, drawing circles on the ground with her toes, avoiding the eye contact. It's clear now that Allison is still uncomfortable with the topic.