002

it is officially the day of the concert and i'm practically buzzing with excitement. i didn't groggily shut off my alarm like i usually do, instead i leapt up from bed and shut it off. i picked out the shirt chase had for me, he told me not to open it until i was ready to wear it. it was a blue t-shirt (that i could tell he cropped himself for me) that reads "learning & loving on it" in yellow italicized lettering. on the back, it reads "i'm the real hannah" in the same font. i grin at the sight of it, and put it on with a pair of black, ripped jean shorts.
i stand in front of the mirror and snap a quick picture before texting it to chase.
me: *photo* love the shirt loser. thanks! what time should i get to the venue?
chase: whenever you want, but i was gonna ask if you wanted to go for lunch and coffee? meet at the coffeehouse on the corner of ernie street and baled avenue?
me: absolutely! see you there at 12:00 sharp. don't be late ;)
  chase: for you anything :)
  i smile and put on some ariana grande to dance to as i put on a little bit of makeup. i rush downstairs to greet my roommate (and best friend in the whole entire world). "hey lee," i say, running to her and wrapping her in a big hug.
"you never call me that, it's always hayley! well you must be feeling spirited today, what's that about?" she asks, her lighting blonde colored hair brushing my shoulders.
"the concert today!" i exclaim.
"oh yes! with chase!" hayley exclaims. "cute shirt, by the way."
"oh thank you, he made it for me. look you can see that he cropped it himself for me because it's just a little bit uneven, it's perfect," i smile.
"ooh, going out of his way to do things for you," she gives me a knowing smile.

  "don't read into it! he wasn't into me in college and i highly doubt he will be now, we've barely talked!" i playfully hit her arm

"yeah yeah, but at your wedding, count on me to say, 'i told you so,'" she tells me. i just roll my eyes and laugh.
"we're going for lunch today, so i won't be around, just so you know. i'm leaving in about an hour," i let her know.
"sounds good, i have to work today anyway," hayley says.
"cool. so movie night tomorrow?" i ask. she nods. "okay, good!" i sit down to watch an episode of the office (which we all know is top tier comedy) before i get a few more things ready to go. when it's time for me to leave, i sign i love you to hayley as she's on a phone call for her job. she signs it back and i walk out the door with my wallet and phone. i text chase that im on my way to the restaurant and begin the short walk.
he responds with a simple affirmation and i smile giddily before continuing my walk. "that smile looks good on you," i hear a familiar voice chime from behind me. how did he even see me smile? how did he even know i was here? i roll my eyes.
"leave me alone matthew," i quicken my pace.
"have it your way," he calls. "but you'll come back, you always have." i just scoff and continue my walk. i enter the coffee shop and sit down at my favorite table. not a moment later, chase walks in and i wave at him. he smiles from ear to ear and greets me.
"hey kiddo," he says wrapping me into his familiar arms. i mentally thank the universe for making him a physically affectionate human being, as i am the same way.
  "i hope you found the place okay. you want coffee?" i offer.
  "yes, iced please! thank you," chase smiles at me. of course that familiar smile makes my heart skip a beat. god, not again. we enjoy a wonderful lunch before i take him on a tour of the town. i hear matthew murphys voice once more ring out. exactly what i needed right now.
  "well hey there, hannah," he exclaims. i reach for chases hand which i realize is balled up into a fist, for he senses my discomfort. i loosen up his fingers and slip my small hand into his large one.
  "hello, i don't think we've met," chase says, extending his hand to matthew.
  "i'm matthew. matthew murphy," he replies, accepting chases handshake, creating even more tension. "i see you two are...involved somehow. been there done that."
  "matthew-," i start, but i feel chase take a step forward and i squeeze his hand to get him to stop. "i understand if you're still bitter about what happened but you need to leave me alone."
  "you're only saying that because you have your big strong man right there, right?" he smirks.
  "you should slow it down right there matthew," chase says roughly.
  "he's not worth it," i look at chase. "let's just go." matthew takes a step toward me and i back into chase and press myself into him.
  "why don't we catch up soon, for old times sake," he says. "i just know you miss me. one way or another, you're going to be mine again."
  "leave," chase says in a strong voice. "or i'll call the cops." matthew just scoffs and turns away. i give chase a weak smile as a thanks and he wraps me into another hug.
  "we can talk about it later, alright? today's going to be a good day, whether you like it or not," he tells me. i smile into his chest, and we continue our walk, our hands remaining intertwined, much to my appreciation. "so, this is your town? i'm surprised you moved from nashville."
  "i had to escape," i say with a silly grin. thank god for chase lawrence.
(a/n: helloooooo!! concert is next chapter :) be safe during these crazy times! love love love you!!)