12 | Miss-Take

calliope

"Why are you still here? Your workday ended an hour ago."

I look up to see Soy, wearing her favorite Grey's Anatomy edition of scrubs, loose hair, and tired eyes. I slide my office chair to the left, grabbing my phone to check my visiting schedule.

"I'm staying in tonight, how's the surgery?"

She closes the door and sits on my desk. Soy yawns vigorously and rubs her eyes to wipe off the post-yawn tears.

"This clumsy surgeon has saved another life." Soy stretches her arms as I massage her stiff shoulder.

"Minho was searching for you earlier, he'll probably stop by tonight. I'm going home!" She walks her way out sloppily from being fatigued.

"Hmm.. Be safe," I mumble, most likely a whisper to myself after the cheery woman closes the door.

The previous lonely feeling returns when the sound of shutting lights from other offices are starting to come to an end. Apparently the other dietitians too, are heading back home.

Looks like I'm the only one who is intangibly obsessed with the job.

That's why everyone tends to think that I'm a loner since I always stay in my office, even on break times.

To say that I'm an anti social person is a big understatement per se, I have tried to get along with my fellow colleagues by hanging out to go shopping or simple gossiping.

Yet there is one certain meet up when Haewon started the declaration of her first time experience. I didn't really get it and just went along since I've never experienced one.

Park Haewon is someone whom I truly respect in our department. She is known for her best graduate title and hospitality to her patients. The older woman is a senior from my old university, it's a pure luck for me since she helped me to adapt in Mouri on my early days.

But when Haewon drunkly stated that girls around our age whose virginity hasn't got taken away is a laughing stock, I lost my respect at her.

I lost respect at her greatly as much as the concept of befriending with the group when everyone eagerly nods at her words.

Although Haewon and I don't talk often, I know well enough that her private life includes guys and parties from her frequent social media posts. But as an educated person, I never thought that she has a mind of someone who's shady and low. To worsen the fact, she even said it out loud.

Either my qualifications in search for friends are too high, or they simply have no quality within. Pardon to say, but I guess it's both.

"Earth to Calli?"

Suddenly Minho is already inside my office, without knocking beforehand.

"There's a word, 'knock' Mr. Choi." I messily ruffle my own hair, before tucking my long bangs behind my ear.

He grandly sits on my desk. "And there's a sentence, 'Choi Minho knows no knock'."

Both of us stupidly chuckle at the remark. "I assume Soy told you that I was looking?"

I nod. "You're finally retiring? Thank God."

He glares at me. "Idiot, I have something to tell you."

"I swear, if this is about your hormonal issues-"

"No dimwit, it's about Akira."

I mumble in an unmoved pitch. "What about her?"