Stage 2

When I woke up, my mind was fuzzy. I was vaguely aware that I was in a seated position, my arms shackled to the chair. My heart sank when I realized where I was. This was the room that the Federation brought me to when they took me away. This is where they put Saturn in my head.

It was exactly how I remembered. It was a small room, most likely designed to make the prisoner feel claustrophobic. The heat was up, which made me feel faint. They knew just as well as I did that I couldn't survive in hot climates. There were no windows and just one door. No handle.

 The memories came back to me then, of Jupiter and what had happened. I felt a lump in my throat, and bit my lip, drawing blood. I didn't want to believe that he was dead. That I was alone again. I hated the Republic for bringing him into their shit. They were always pulling stunts like this, acting like the heroes. And when there were casualties they pretended like they had no part in it. I didn't have the heart to tell Jupiter back then, but they weren't trying to help us. The only reason why they would want us would be for the same reason The Federation wanted us; for war. It didn't matter where we went, we were nothing but pawns.

Of course, there was no "we" now. Just me.

The door flew open, startling me. The Captain strolled in, hands behind his back. Every nerve in my body wanted to bust out of the shackles and strangle the man. If anyone else had come into the room, I hadn't noticed. I only saw the Captain, and red.

"If looks could kill." he remarked.

"Where is Jupiter?" I growled.

He couldn't be less interested in what I had to say. The Captain pulled a stool from a small desk across the room, and sat in front of me. "What did he tell you?"

I huffed. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Something about his eyes told me he already knew what Jupiter had said, he just wanted to toy with me before torturing me. "We can't afford to lose another one of you, so I really think you should be more compliant."

His words stung. He didn't have to say that Jupiter was gone, his body language gave it away. I clenched my jaw, trying not to cry.

"Saturn." The Captain said. I didn't look at him. When I felt a hand knock my head aside, I still didn't look. I could just feel the anger radiating off of him. Pompous prick.

"What's wrong Captain? Not getting what you want?" I sneered. Something inside me told me to shut the hell up, but I didn't listen. I was too angry, too hurt.

"Jupiter was the largest planet in our solar system. Do you know who the second largest is?" The Captain ignored me. His question sounded like a trap, like he was baiting me.

"No."

"It's Saturn. If you disappeared, things would be thrown off balance. I wouldn't be affected by this, but the people you care about will be. Your family would die."

I stared at him, my jaw slack. My head was spinning, it was too hot. "You son of a-"

"Jupiter thought he could deceive me. I hope you aren't as stupid."

The Captain walked out, and two Forcers unlocked my shackles, and dragged me out of the room. I was led through the halls, and into the board room. Everyone was already there, sitting in their specified sections.

Sun seemed highly amused. His stupid golden hair was tied in a braid down his back, his stupid gold eyes focused soley on me. "How kind of you to join us, Sati." He laughed.

"Don't call me that." I glared at him as the two Forcers shoved me down into my chair. The table was oval shaped, with Sun at the head, Venus and Mercury at his sides.