Chapter 2

Meanwhile, in another universe (the past), his royal highness is sitting on his throne while looking down at a poor peasant with a deadly stare.

"So, you were the thief who attempted to steal my jewelry," he hissed in a deep authoritarian voice, still glaring at the peasant.

The thief lifted his head up and looked at the king with fear.

"Your highness, I only did that because of my family. We can't afford any food! I don't want to watch them die out of starvation." The thief defended himself. "Please have mercy on me, your highness."

"Have mercy on you! Are you mocking me?! After what you've done?!" he roared.

The king looked at the guards who were behind the man. "Take him away; I don't want to see his filthy face ever again," he ordered the guards.

"...and off with his head."

The poor man stood up in disbelief and looked at the king with wide eyes. His heart drummed against his chest.

"Your highness! Please forgive me!" he exclaimed and ran towards the king. He held the king's foot and continued to beg for his life.

"Take this filthy peasant away from me!" the king screamed angrily at the guards. "And behead him already!"

The guards dragged the man away. The man struggled against the guards' grip, still shouting at the king to spare him.

"Please, your highness! I need to live! I have a family, and they're waiting for me to come home!" the man screamed, but it was no use as the guards continued dragging him out of the room. The doors harshly closed after them.

The king grimaced as he looked at his foot, where the thief had touched him. He felt dirty.

"Ugh, how dare he touch my foot with his filthy hands!"

He looked at the eunuchs, who were silently watching him; their heads were bowed to avoid the king's harsh glare. Some of them are shaking in fear.

"You!" he pointed at one of them, who lifted his head and looked at the king nervously.

"Prepare a bath for me. I need to get cleaned."

"Yes, your highness," the eunuch politely replied and swiftly walked out of the room.

"All of you, dismissed," he told the other eunuchs, who quickly scrambled out of the room, leaving the king by himself.

King Min Yunki.

A ruler feared by everyone. Whoever stands in his way will get their head chopped off.

He was just an ordinary child adopted by the late king. The former queen was suffering from infertility, so she was not able to bear a child of her own.

Yunki's biological parents were killed in their sleep. The men who killed Yunki's parents tried to assassinate him as well, but the king saved him, adopted him, and treated him as his own son.

Unfortunately, the former king and queen were killed during a war with their rival kingdom.

"Yunki, you have to hide! Now!" the queen pleaded.

"No, mother! I will protect you!" Yunki replied and gripped his sword tightly.

The queen was about to complain, but before she had the chance to reply, the door burst open. There appeared to be two men dressed in clothes made out of fine and lavish material. It was the king of their rival kingdom and his right-hand man.

"Kill the boy!" the evil king exclaimed to his right-hand man, pointing at Yunki.

Yunki and the king's right-hand man fought intensely.

His hands clenched into fists. He once again remembered how weak and pathetic he was back then.

He failed to protect his mother.

He stared at his reflection in the mirror and touched his scar. The scar that marked him as a weakling.

The evil king swiftly stabbed Yunki's mother, the queen. That made him stop fighting the king's right hand-man.

"MOTHER!" he screamed as he stared at the body of his mother, now lifeless on the ground. Her own blood started to soak her clothes.

The right-hand man took advantage of this moment and attacked Yunki. He managed to hit his face with the sharp blade.

Yunki learned one thing from that incident.

It is better to be feared than loved.

No one will dare try to fight him if he's feared enough.

After surviving the encounter, he was crowned as the ruler shortly after. He seeked for revenge since then.

"Y-you're ---" The evil king didn't even have the chance to finish saying his sentence as the feeling of dread slowly swallowed him.

"You should have killed me when you had the chance," Yunki said. "NOW PERISH!"

He violently stabbed the evil king over and over again before chopping his head off. He kept the king's head as a trophy of his revenge.

Yunki took off all of his clothes before stepping inside the bath that the servants had prepared for him.