Chapter 1

The crisp wind of March blew through the little bit of greenery the concrete jungle had to offer. The city still bustled with men, women, children, and almost everything else. The sound of the controlled chaos was dim from the 8th floor, where Ellie's apartment was.

The peaceful white noise was suddenly disturbed by a blaring noise coming from the girl's phone. Groaning, she turned off the alarm and rubbed her eyes. Today was supposed to be extremely important for the company. Today Ellie would have to pitch part of an amazing speech for a column in the L'amour magazine.

She strolled to the small bathroom to begin her routine. The same boring routine she's been doing since she started working as a assistant for Mito Jujo, CEO of Onyx. She dawned on some black pantyhose, a black pencil skirt, and a silk blouse.

She glanced at the time while searching for her heels and to her dismay, she was running late already. It might've been because she took a little extra time with her makeup, but it was an important day after all. She threw on her heels and darted out the door.

Reaching the parking lot, she ripped open the black Audi Q3 she owned and quickly raced down the street. Pulling into the large mirror like building, she pulled into the visitor slot, right beside her boss's. Mito was tapping her foot waiting for her, on the inside of the building.

"I'm so sorry, ma'm. I couldn't get th-," Ellie stammered out, but Mito shook her head.

"It's alright, Ellie." Mito sighed, "We gotta make this speech. Once we get our spot in the next volume of L'amour, we'll become the next world dominating makeup brand."

Mito smiled in determination before beckoning Ellie to follow her to the elevator. Getting inside the glass lift, her boss pressed the highest number on the panel. They stood in silence and anticipation for what was to come to them.

The top floor was bright and clean. The floors were white and so shiny Ellie could see her reflection in them. Mito's red ponytail brought her back to the mission at hand.

"I'm sure they've been waiting on us." She said, under her breath. "We better sell this."

Opening the glass doors, the whole meeting room's eyes landed on the two women.

"Goodmorning gentleman. I'm Mito Jujo, and this is my assistant Elizabeth Valenti. We're from Onyx Makeup Industries."

A tall man with black hair and blue eyes stood up.

"You may call me Mr. Han. Proceed with your pitch." Said the tall male at the edge of the table. Mito nodded and turned on the projector with a PowerPoint set up. She discussed the great sales that would come with the feature and how it would attract more makeup lovers to the magazine. Before she knew it, it was Ellie's turn to help sell the product.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth Valenti." Ellie started, "I'm Ms. Jujo's assistant. I've never found myself happier with a line of products than Onyx's. The smooth formula coats the skin like butter and stays on during the whole work day. Not only is the formula amazing for skin, but our lipsticks are universally flattering across all skin tones. With me today, I brought burning scarlet and a skin tone chart." Ellie held up the two objects and swiped the lipstick across the chart. She then passed it to the man sitting near her. "As you can see, the color enhances the natural color of the skin and brings warmth to the face."

Her brown eyes scoped around the board room anxiously. One man in particular seemed to like the idea of the lipstick. He had blue eyes and light lavender hair, which was almost silver. He smirked at Ellie staring at him and gave her a wink. He had handsome features which made Ellie blush.