Chapter 4

Crowley and Ferid had cleaned out the liquor stash in Ferids way above average home. The kids had fell asleep a few hours before, leaving the two men bored and alone.

"Ferid... Ferid... Fer-" Crowley started.

"What, Crowley? What do y-you want?"

"I'm bored..." Crowley hiccuped before they fell into a temporary silence.

"Ok... ok, ok. I got an idea."

"What is it?"

"Get... get out your phone and l-look for stuff to do when you're b-bored... then we'll fix the bored."

"Genius!" Crowley began searching for something to do and eventually came across a top 10 things to do when you're bored. The site was clearly for preteen girls at sleepovers, but Crowley was too drunk to care. "Oh. Oh my g-god. This is perfect! Number one says... we gotta paint our nails. Do... do you have nail polish?"

"No... but, but, but... Walmart does."

Walking out of the house, they strolled to the nearest Walmart. Possibly the only smart thing they did that night was not taking a car. After walking for 30 minutes, they reached the doors of the supermarket and rushed to the beauty section.

The few people in the store looked at them funny, but they didn't notice. Crowley picked out a fire truck red nail polish and Ferid chose a sparkly purple. At the register, a bored middle aged woman was ringing them up and looking at their purchases.

"What's this for?" She furrowed her brows.

"It's for us... because... because fuck toxic maxculinity!" Crowley said back.

"Masculinity, Crowley" Ferid corrected him.

"Yeah, that too!"

The grown men grabbed the bag of nail polish and walked back home. The walk was peaceful, thanks to the absence of cars around.

When the got inside, the began to paint their nails the color each picked out. They laughed at their mani and pedi for a good few minutes before Harley came in.

"Hey, boy! You... you want your nails done t-too?" Crowley smiled and picked up the monstrous dog. He held him too as Ferid painted the front paws red and the back purple. Of course, Harley was confused by his intoxicated humans, but he stayed still, like he thought he should.

"Well... now what?" Ferid asked as Crowley pulled out his phone.

"So number two... it... it says have a pillow fight."

"But, you're too rough... what's the next one?"

"Prank calling."

Stumbling to his feet, Ferid looked around his house for a random number, whether it be on business cards, brochures, neighborhood watch list, or just a random scrap of paper. Gathering all of the above, Ferid and Crowley rang up the phone and began trying to prank people.

Most of them went straight to voicemail, since they were companies and not open at 3:47 am and others were answered in a sleepy haze. Crowley had fallen asleep a few minutes before, which left Ferid to the rest of the remnants of alcohol and a few numbers left. The tall, silver haired male thought about continuing without his partner, but thought it wouldn't be worth it.  Especially because Ferid had sobered up a bit, meaning jokes weren't as funny.

He got up and went towards the living room's closet, pulling out a soft and fuzzy purple blanket and placing it on his dear brother's body. It twitched for a second before a snore emitted from Crowley's throat.