And the waltz goes on

It was 10 PM and all the kitchen/security/cleaning staff had left already long ago, leaving the four girls on their own, they were hyped up due to all those emotions and visions.

Now it was Doumeki’s turn but she declined because of her shyness, even thought they had known each other for a couple of months now. Asakusa told her that she definitely had to share her music taste or otherwise she would make her regret it.

Obviously she didn’t take it too seriously coming from such a tiny girl, which made her feel a little sad.

Then she looked at Mizusaki that looked a little disappointed but somehow still cool; finally she saw the tallest of the four of them, who had a look of anger blazing through her stare. “A-Alright! But let me equalize the whole thing first, also… if one of you guys says something funny…I’m going back home!”

The rest of the group went to the other couch and gathered up in a secret meeting.

“Say, now that I think about it, Doumeki-san always has her headphones on but she has never told us what she’s listening to and I don’t believe that she’s going around just listening to random stuff, does she? I've always liked to know what music is she into.”

“You’re right, Mizusaki-shi. I certainly feel curious about it too but I’ve never found the courage to ask her about that, she always seems somehow distant and we don’t talk about stuff unrelated to the club activities now that I think of it” Asakusa said as she put her hand on her chin thinking about it and tried to remember, but failed at the end “Somehow I have the impression that she doesn’t like us that much” She admitted a little embarrassed.

“We literally went to her club, kicked her out of it then we forced her to join ours, we made her move all the files from her shelves to this building… not to mention that she has to pay a small rent for it and that she has to help us in whatever thing we have in mind which is the reason behind her being here I suppose. If she doesn’t like us I think that it would make sense, but at least she doesn’t hate us (probably)” The tall girl said with her monotone voice combined with her sarcasm like she always did as she patted the other two on the back.

 If she doesn’t like us I think that it would make sense, but at least she doesn’t hate us (probably)” The tall girl said with her monotone voice combined with her sarcasm like she always did as she patted the other two on the back

The meeting came to an end at the same time as Doumeki finished the setup. Mizusaki looked at the title of the song but she has never heard of it “And the Waltz goes on – Andre Rieu”

Everyone was now back on their seats, the two animation loving girls were so impatient to know what kind of music would come out of the speakers and what would they show when they hear it. Would it be a pop ballad or metal like Mizusaki’s, or would it be prog song like Kanamori’s selection?

The three girls were thinking without saying a word as a faint melody took them out of their trance, taking them into a huge ballroom with shelves that had some books on them.

At the distance they could hear violins, drums, flutes and percussions floating on the air. It was a warm melody that made them feel at ease.

In the center of the stage there was Doumeki dancing on her own, wearing an elegant suit as if she were a prince. Around her there was a numerous group of women wearing beautiful dresses, dancing on their own and spinning around like waiting to be asked to dance.

From time to time the girl in the center would take one of those dancing women by the hand and place the other on her waist, they would dance closely for a moment until the mysterious women whispered something to the prince and if it was magic, the women would disappear into the air turning into a musical note and filling one of the places on the shelves. Some other times the two of them would dance together but with no magic effects.

The prince would take one of her hands and place a soft kiss on it, apologize with a bow and then both of them kept dancing on their own once again.

“So this is how she hunts her sound effects. It’s so lovely! But I feel kinda bad for all those girls who didn’t turn into a beautiful musical note for her collection. All of them are beautiful, I don’t see the problem in all of them being part of her repertoire” Mizusaki said who was wearing a cute and luxurious crimson dress like those wore in Broadway plays.

“She might be looking for something in particular in each of the sounds she finds, so it’s only natural that not all of them make it into her collection, but it doesn’t mean that she didn’t enjoy dancing to their rhythm. Also she is gentle enough to take her time dancing with as many as possible and even thanks all of them for letting her dance with them” This time it was Asakusa speaking who wore a pretty turquoise colored dress that showed her shoulders and it was above her knees.

“Being as obsessive and perfectionist as I think she is, I don’t think that she would like to keep all those sounds on her library just for the sake of it, first she listens to it, then tries to come up with a situation where the sound would shine again” The surprisingly beautiful Kanamori said as she got on her feet and let her comrades see her stunning black dress that made an exquisite contrast to her pale skin. She took her glasses and used them to tie her hair like she always did. Some strains of hair fell sensually on her sides, walked a few steps to the front and extended her hand to the smallest of them like asking her for a dance.

The other two girls just froze there and asked themselves why would Kanamori jump to the action like that, they glimpsed to the center of the ballroom and saw Doumeki signaling to join her in celebration. Both of them smiled in a way that no one but them would remember. Went to the dance floor and danced to the sweet sound of the waltz. The music went louder and cheerful with every second, but never breaking that beauty and tranquility. Mizusaki tapped the suit wearing girl and started to dance like everyone in the room. They would dance with their respective partners and after a short while they would dance with one of those anonymous women from around.

Then they realized that it was not the case that the quiet girl didn’t like them. All of them were welcome to join her in a beautiful waltz whenever they liked to and she would always take them by the hand and would happily dance with them.

The song finished with a dramatic finale and now all of them were back to the real world. The sofas were pushed against the walls in order to leave room enough for them to dance.

The first to come back on her senses was the tallest among them, went to Doumeki and grabbed her by the waist and her hand as if the music was still playing “I know that you don’t like being around us all the time, but if you ever feel like dancing… Just let us know”

Now it was Asakusa’s turn to dance with the blonde girl “This is way too different to our way of creating characters and scenarios, but it sure is fun” They danced around until it was Mizusaki’s turn who looked a little bit impatient.

“Asakusa-san is right, I had so much fun that I didn’t want the song to end. And I could have never guessed that you were so good at this. You could definitely be the prince in any play if you liked to” She said as they kept on dancing while staring into Doumeki’s eyes who just looked away and rested her head on the model’s shoulder instead.

The other two girls left the place and went outside for a little bit, leaving the room all for them to enjoy on their own.