four.

a/n
heylo kiddos! welcome to the fourth chapter of heartless and the first one for a while! we're very sorry for not uploading more consistently but we're working on it now! we have changed the way we numbered the chapters so yeah! have fun reading!

jungwoo's pov
"what do you guys mean i look familiar? haha i dont even know uh what you guys are going on about?" i try and play it cool, but i had a feeling it wasn't working.

"im pretty sure ive seen you somewhere though.." jiwoo stands her ground.

i glance over to see hana standing awkwardly. she seemed to had spaced out or something because she had no more words and stood there almost dumbfound.

"oh! oh! oh! i got it! i got it! isn't he from that show? the uh thing! teletubbies!" hana shouts, making everyone in the cafe turn their heads toward her.

they all gave her a judgmental stare in the silence before turning back to their food and chatting.

jiwoo lightly nudges hana and whisper-shouts, "oh come on! you know thats not it!"

hana yelps loudly and screams, "ow! what the noodles man! you just owie'd my beautiful arm!"

hana had an ego, but it wasn't necessarily bad. no matter what, she always showed off a confident and playful side.

jiwoo's pov
i could tell that jungwoo was staring hana down. he had a thoughtful look in his eyes and his body was relaxed, not tense. he looked at her with puppy eyes and i could just tell.

hana is a great person but it feels so weird to see jungwoo there, looking at her like that.

i noticed hana looking at me; she must've noticed. i quickly tried to break the tension in the cafe.

"oh! youre from that vlog show! woo stars! thats you right?" i ask jungwoo and he turns towards me.

"oh well. i mean, since you already know, yeah that's me! im that jungwoo!" he flashes one of his signature smiles widely at me.

i give him a big smile back.

i looked over at hana and she seemed genuinely confused. her eyes wandered everywhere trying to think of something.

she looked ready to speak. her mouth opened but nothing came out. she seemed lost. i felt bad for her.

hana's pov
woo stars? what's that?

i had no idea what it was. maybe i was too disconnected? am i too old? no i'm not.

my eyes wandered everywhere. i looked at the bell by the door, other tables, food, and then finally i found a spot for my eyes to lay.

my eyes landed on jiwoo. she was staring me down. it gave me the shivers. what's up with her?

i didn't know what she was doing until i looked right in her eyes. i knew that look. it was pity. i hated pity.

i felt uncomfortable and unwanted with that pity look in her eyes. i grabbed my bag from the seat and i could tell they were both looking at me.

"hey hana? where ya going?" jungwoo asked playfully.

"oh uhm. i was just gonna go run some errands? i had stuff to do so i'll head out now!" i tried to talk in my most cheerful tone before i started walking out.

as soon as i got out, i hit myself right in the face.

what an idiot. wowie, i suck.

it wasn't until i got outside that i realized i could've ignored the pity look. i could've stayed there longer if i didn't let my stupid idiotic side take over.