Chapter 1

Scourge padded through the forest, the dried leaves crackling underfoot. His stomach rumbled with the everlasting hunger that haunted him in this dreadful place. The Place of No Stars.

                  Any possible prey was scared away by the stench of crowfood and the fact that no sun shone through the branches of the trees.

                  Scourge sighed. This was hopeless. He started to head back the way he came, to the place he lived, if you could say that. He took the normal right turn, then realized this path was very unfamiliar. The forest constantly was changing after all.

                   The tiny black warrior came upon a clearing, with a muddy pool set in ythe middle of it. He cautiously approached, sensing for any possible threat. No fresh cat sent, but there was some. It was two or three days old though.

                   Scourge gasped in surprise. The water was moving! Upon the instant, a picture slowly formed, and he imediatly bristled. Firestar! He was with two or three cats patrolling the Shadowclan border. He recognized one. Whitestorm. No, no, he had watched that cat die. Cloudtail. He faintly remembered the name.

                    A sand colored she-cat with light green eyes walked closely beside the flame colored warrior. Sandstorm. He sunk his claws into the mushy earth. Well, instead of claws you could say dog teeth. He licked his permantly bloodstained front paw thoughtfully, enjoying the salty flavor. "Its your fault I'm in this horrid place." I hissed quietly, glaring at the image of Firestar as he happily twisted tails with that stupid she-cat.

                      "We'll well," A deep, familiar voice sounded from the side of the clearing. "If it isn't the great and powerful Scourge." I swiveled around sinking into a defensive crouch. "No need Scourgd." The tom growled. "I mean no harm to you." "Why should I believe I you, Tigerstar." Tigerstar purred. "Because I think we could do some damage together." "To who or what?" I growled, still suspicious. "To the clans," he meowed. "But most of all," he scrapped his claws though the dirt. "Firestar."