4

__________

.•*•.

4| 隣の花は赤い
tonari no hana ha akai

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇɪɢʜʙᴏᴜʀ's ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴇᴅ

__________

The dark evening sky was almost clear from any clouds and therefore couldn't hide the far-away stars in the millions as they shone brightly like the galaxy's own soiree.

It was fairly cold for a summer night and seeing as it got dark quite quickly, at this time no one was walking down the streets of the town and were enjoying their time at their cosy homes.

But not one particular soccer team that was currently training on their school's training field, eager to win tomorrow's match against Raimon. After a long and exciting year since Hana has been assigned to their team they believed to be ready and prove to the world that they were strong without the Kami no Aqua.

The field was illuminated with bright lights and with the majestic looking school in the background the atmosphere could be described a tense from an outsider combined with the difficult practice methods the team was displaying but the team would probably word it more positively.

The loud sound of a blast of wind pierced the night's silence. It was a soccer ball that glowed in a celestial light and flew towards a goal at impressive speed. Fortunately the strongly build keeper managed to halt it with seeming ease.

"They won't stop.", Matsuzaka Kiyo - their head coach observed, impressed by his team's determination, "And it appears as if their scars from last year have healed as well."

He had taken responsibility of a team who had lost all hope for themselves after their old trainer Kageyama Reiji was convicted and taken to jail for all his past crimes. Seeing them play this passionately made him proud to call them part of his team.

An elderly woman with greying hair sat beside him dressed in sporty attire and with a content smile on her wrinkly face, "There's no need to worry anymore since Hana joined the team."

When Ushijima first met the young girl she was immeadiately enchanted by her beauty. Though she surely wasn't the first one, her appeareance greatly resembled that of an old friend who she hadn't seen in a very long time which stunned her the most at their initial meet.

The coach on the other hand was smitten by her talent - her strong but gracious plays she was known for combined with advanced aerial techniques had him greatly inspired. At first he and the team had been wary of their newest addition after she was assigned to them by the Reinforcement Commitee but with the help of Aphrodi who had surprisingly already taken a liking to her since their meet up at the park, she was able to prove herself.

On her first day here, Hana could see what kind of impact their victory against them did to Zeus. They were drowning in self-doubt, constantly second guessing their abilities the press liked to undermine. Shr quickly shut them down after joining the team.

She earned her place on the team that she now could proudly call her friends. Her intentions were also clear as day to them - to win. To them it seemed like her loss against Spain had a greater impact on her pride than they originally anticipated - the mere thought of losing left the girl in a foul mood.

"I'm sure the kids will be fine.", Ushimija stated and watched as Hana pat the gentle giant - Posei Donji on the back for his impressive defense from the previous shoot.