Prologue

Everyone was silent. Uncommon for a sunny summer day. The birds chirped happily and the sweet scent of flowers wafted into the noses of the funeral attendees. Carla Jaeger was slowly lowered into the ground, leaving behind a mourning husband, a broken son, and a scared sister.

The doctors swore that she would make it, but the statement was only used to lift their spirits. It was cruel to lie, especially to such hopeful people. To make matters worse, Grisha would soon be joining his wife. The car crash left him weak and frail. Unlike his beloved spouse, he survived.

The Marian flag that was once draped over the cool mahogany casket was now neatly folded and given to the grieving family. Carla had served in the Army for a while, but retired a little while after birthing Eren.

The mourners were quick to leave, also wanting to leave their sadness behind as well. Grisha had hid his tears from his children, hoping that it would deter them from thinking about his upcoming passing. Any attention to him and they would break more.

Eren thought his life couldn't get worse. He had already lost his mother and now his father was leaving too.

But the madness was soon to begin...

Eyyy, what do you guys think so far? I'm really excited for this story! If you see any mistakes, please let me know.

-ineedhelplikealotpls