Chapter 3

(Hermione's POV)

I take his arm in mine, giggling. "Where are we headed?" Draco pulls me along. "Hogsmeade. We've got business to attend to." I look to his face for a smile, but his stone cold expression remains intact. I look down, disappointed as we walk along. I knew it was a Hogsmeade day today, but I didn't expect anyone to ask me to accompany them. Especially not dream boy Draco Malfoy. He looks at me, and frowns at my face. He kisses my temple as we stroll along the Hogsmeade streets. I look at him as people were looking at us; strangely. "Draco..." Malfoy gives me an alarmed look. "What's wrong, Hermione?" I shrug. "You've.. Haven't you got a reputation to uphold, Malfoy?" He sighs with relief. "Oh, that...it's just...." He smiles. "Don't worry about that. It's a day. Just one." He shrugs in turn. We reach a bench, and Draco sits down, patting the seat next to him. "Everything will be normal tomorrow?" I ask him. He nods. "Same old, same old. Now, for what I needed to talk to you about. Hogwarts and Dumbledore are in danger. There's a war coming." He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath.

I take his hand, sensing his distress. "I've talked to Slughorn about it, but...I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm scared." He squeezes my hand tighter. "You want my help?" I offer shyly. He looks at me, surprised. "You...you'd help me after those dreadful things I've done these past six years?" I laugh. "Malfoy, I've been dealing with you since I was eleven. I think I can handle you at seventeen." The air was cool and relaxing, and the scene was calm and quiet. "Oh really?" He inquires. I nod, stifling a laugh. He stands up, holding his hand out. I take it, and we continue to walk. All of a sudden, draco stops in his tracks. He has a Malfoy smirk plastered on his handsome face. "Exactly how much Malfoy can you handle, 'Mione?" He asks me. I giggle. "Try me." I dare him. He takes a step closer, wrapping his arms around my waist. I bite my lip, knowing Draco to be...unpredictable at times. Was he willing to prove to me he cared? No, no. Hermione, get it together. He said it himself, this is a one day special. I don't know what to expect anymore. All I know is that I don't want today to end.

{I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR! Comment and such!}