Prologue

FairyTail Guildhall

In the guild a short old man sits in silence surrounded by his so called children with a serious aura. One of the more brave members a beautiful platinum haired woman named Mirajane Strauss decides to put an end to the silence. "Master exactly what is happening here." She says

"Yeah Master Markarov what is going on," says the resident stripper Gray Fullbuster.

The master releases a sigh and begins, "In all honesty I truly don't know, Natsu told me to gather everyone and wait here and he looked incredibly serious about this." The guilds eyes widened a little noticing the lack of the fire dragon slayer but no more than the numerous girls hearts he had captured. Among these women a certain  red head speaks up, "Really, Natsu wants us to gather in the middle of a war and wait?"

"Well the war won't be happening thanks to Natsu," a voice echoed through the halls and a purple orb began to appear in the middle of the hall showing Zeref's face earning gasps all around. Gray with anger responds, "What the hell did you do with Natsu you emo freak." Zeref merely snorts, "Natsu has given me an offer an offer that I couldn't refuse due to the temptation in my heart."

At that statement all slight noise in the guildhall stopped each having their own reactions varying from anger, realization, and even remorse you see they realized exactly how Natsu has always been, the self-sacrificing type.

"Zeref what exactly has my boy offered you," ask the master asked this they could hear the slight shake in voice showing how nervous he was for the answer. Suddenly a new familiar voice rings out, "Hey let me tell them this part," and with that Zeref nodded and moved and a man with pink hair with a white scarf walks out of the orb in the middle of the guildhall.

"NATSU" the entire guild exclaimed while he simply chuckled giving off his signature grin, "Hey guys." Four blurs flew across the room two being blue with a red and white one. Wendy(older with about Chelia's body) happy,Erza, and Mira were there holding Natsu. Erza spoke up, "Natsu thank Mavis when I saw zeref I thought he killed you, what's happening here Natsu?" She said all in a hurry

"Hehe, sorry for worrying for the first question and for the second well I took on Zerefs army a while ago." Natsu responded and then people noticed his state he was slightly scratched up like he had been in a guild brawl, "Seems taking on 1 million soldiers in one go was a little much" he ended with a sheepish smile.

Makarov being the only one knowing the true strength of the foot soldiers screeched "WHAT, YOU IDIOT THOSE WIZARDS ARE INCREDIBLY STRONG EACH IS AT LEAST A S CLASS WIZARD." For a brief second a pang regret appeared in Natsu's eyes which did not go unnoticed but faded as quickly as it came.

He sighed loudly and continued, "I know but that's not important I defeated all of them but now the deal," he paused and the guild listened and Natsu gave them the answer they were nervous about, "I offered to fight Zeref on my own a final battle with me not holding anything back and him either."

At those words outcries went around the guild and several women's hearts tightened in despair for their beloved pink haired dragon slayer. Natsu visibly growled and every calmed down, " I know it's seems stupid but this war was not a war we could win without losing anyone but I promise I won't lose, I will beat Zeref and then I will kill Acnologia. For now goodbye my friends." With that Natsu walks out the door of the Fairy Tail guildhall where a portal opens and he walks through. The sobs and tears are heard throughout as it sinks in Natsu Dragneel will engage in battle with the strongest dark wizard in all of Earthland, alone.

Zeref begins to follow but turns around, "Because I want you all to feel the pain Natsu, feels you will all be watching but Natsu doesn't know that." Zeref's eyes have a glimpse of madness in them and then he snaps.