Mental Breakdown

As soon as I got to my room with Evie, she sits me down and grabs her handmade outfit. It was a sleeveless royal blue dress with a golden ribbon around it. I look at it unsurely and stand up to fit into it. Evie, as always, helps me get into the dress. Of course, we don't forget to lock the door just in case the boys or Ben or anyone coming in. As we are fitting in, I felt this urge to ask her.

"Evie..." I trail out as she hums in response still tying that blue ribbon. "Why is this dress so tight? Do I have to use a corset for this?"

"No need. Those corsets are just gonna hurt you more. Maybe I tied it a little too tight. Here let me loosen it- "

"It's not just this. Why is being Ben's girlfriend is so complicated ?! Why can't I just be his girlfriend and I'll just be on my own without the damn camera following me everywhere?!" I again complain.

Evie sighs as she redoes my ribbon before walking to be in front of me.

"Honey, you're gonna be okay. Ben loves you, we all love you. We are here to support you." She told me.

"What if I don't want this?! What if I don't want to be a princess?!" I ask as I feel my vision getting blurry due to my glassy eyes. Evie gasps as she gets a box of tissues.

"Oh, honey...." She mutters as she helps me down the fitting stage. I sat on her bed.

Suddenly, I hear our TV. I look up and it shows the news talking about me and Ben. So many things are going on there. Like going to Alladin and Jasmine's dinner, our "date" to the enchanted lake which is followed. Come on, we can't even kiss because I'm scared of PDA. The announcer suddenly mentions cotillion which in just a few days. I counted the date and gasp. Oh my God! It's just in a week!

"Evie!" I call out as Evie looks at me confusedly.

"How am I gonna remember all my lines and any of these rules if Cottilion is just in a week?!" I shout in panic, showing my "lady-manners" book and the script I created for my speech.

"I'll help you." She said firmly as she grabs both of them. I sigh dejectedly and decided that magic may help me more than my brain.

"Screw it! I'll use magic!" I shout as I grab my spellbook but Evie slaps my hand, causing the book to fell off my hands.

"No! No magic! I'll help you memorize them. Now let's get ready to class." She tells me sternly. I whimper and nod as I put the book back to my shelf.

"Evie, do you just miss running around in the isle and do whatever we want?" I suddenly ask as she gasps with a horrified look on her face.

"No! Never!" She gasps. "Sweetie, we're Auradon girls now. This place has a lot of opportunities. You can open a hair shop here and use your magic for good. I'll open a fashion business, Doug and I. We are in for a good thing." She explains as she kneels in front of me holding my hand.

"Thi-this is stressing me out Evie," I said as a sob comes out of me. Evie nods understanding my situation and sits beside me, giving me a hug.

"We can do this, we got this." She said, hugging me and rocking me back and forth as I sob into her hug. "but now, we need to get to class." She adds as I laugh nodding.

"We do, yeah." I nod as she pulls me up and helps me change into my school clothes. After getting dressed for our next class, I hear a knock, and it turns out the boys are waiting for us.

The four of us walk to our class. I was silent the whole time but I hear Jay and Carlos bickering about how to take a girl to cotillion. Evie of course is going with Doug and the cotillion is like "my show" since it's like being "engaged" without being actually engaged. On our way to class though, we cross paths with Lonnie and Jane.

"Mal, you ready for the cotillion?" Lonnie asks.

"Well, mentally not ready." I stage-whisper as Lonnie chuckles.

"Well, it is a big day. It's like engaged to be engaged to be- "Before she can finish, Jane cuts in pushing Lonnie aside.

"Mal! I've been looking everywhere for you! Come here!" Jane exclaims as she drags me to the side and shows her iPad.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's about the color scheme. Please help me choose for our decorations. I'm sure you like purple right?" She asks. I only nod as I unsurely grab her apple-pencil and put checks on anything I like.

"There you go, all done!" I smile as she thanks me. I sigh in relief as the things I have to do now is done. Suddenly I feel someone behind me. I turn around and find Ben behind me.

"Hey, Ben!" I greet him and he returns it with a smile.

"Hey, Beeeeen~!" The girls greet him and he waves to them before focusing back on me.

"You're still on for our lunch date, right?" He asks, still having his hand over my shoulder.

"Oh definitely. I'll bring the snacks." I reply.

Suddenly Ben got dragged somewhere with Jane, I think it's about his thing for the cotillion or his kingly duties. So, I just shrug and bid him goodbye going to my class with Evie, Carlos, and Jay.