Chapter 8

Harry's P.O.V.

I needed to talk to Claire. We had to get this sorted out. I needed to know what was happening in her life so I could help her. I needed to help her. I needed to have her.

I knocked three times on her hotel room door. Slowly, the door opened and her hazel eyes peeked out at me. She looked at me in surprise and said, "H-Harry."

"Hello," I smiled. "Can I come in?"

She looked over her shoulder as if asking permission to someone who wasn't there before smiling and saying, "Sure come on in."

I walked inside and sat on the couch.

"So what's u-up?" she asked sitting next to me and facing me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

She looked at me in shock. "What?"

"What's going on? You said that there were things keeping us apart. I'm not trying to push you into anything but...Claire I care about you a lot. I care about you too much to lose you just because you have a secret. Please tell me. I want to help you. I feel something for you I haven't felt for anyone before. I feel something special," I said.

She looked down at her lap and began to play with her fingers. She didn't speak for a while. I was getting worried. How big was this secret? What was having such a large impact on her life that she couldn't even take to me about it?

"Claire?" I asked after almost 5 minutes of just watching her in concern. "You can tell me. I'm not going to judge you."

She finally looked up at me and I saw the tears in her eyes about to spill over onto her cheeks as she whispered, "The pr-problem is that I'm fall-falling for you."

Claire's P.O.V.

I had just been debating whether or not to get up and go over to talk to Harry when there was a knock on the door.

"Oh this will be good," Janelle cackled. "They'll see your makeup all screwed up and your eyes all puffy."

I checked my reflection before going to the door. I looked fine...fine-ish. I slowly opened the door. "H-Harry," I stuttered when I saw him standing there.

"Hello," he smiled. "Can I come in?"

I looked over my shoulder to see if Janelle was there and I saw her brown hair disappearing into my bedroom. I smiled and said, "Sure come on in."

He walked inside and sat on the couch as I shut the door and joined him.

"So what's u-up?" I asked sitting next to him and facing him.

"What's going on?" he asked bluntly.

I looked at him in shock. What did he mean? "What?" I asked.

"What's going on? You said that there were things keeping us apart. I'm not trying to push you into anything but...Claire I care about you a lot. I care about you too much to lose you just because you have a secret. Please tell me. I want to help you. I feel something for you I haven't felt for anyone before. I feel something special," Harry said.

I looked down at my lap and began to play with my fingers. Should I just tell him? I mean he was going to find out eventually. Zayn, Louis, or I were bound to slip up one day and everything was going to have to be explained. He was going to find out. But if I told him, if I explained everything in my life, he was going to say it didn't matter, that he would care for me anyway. But that was the problem! If he cared for me anyway, I didn't know how my life was going to be affected, how my health was going to be affected. Telling him would change everything in my like that I had worked so hard to maintain. But this was Harry.