❝𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆❞

AOI WAS TERRIFIED

AOI WAS TERRIFIED.

everything that had happened in the last few weeks was to get rid of her feelings for mina. of course, the feelings never disappeared. they still lingered on, but the worst part was that they had become blanketed by disgust, insecurity, guilt, and failure. aoi was beginning to hate herself because of how she was born. 

aoi feared that people would hate her for who she was.

it had seemed to be the case. her parents thought she had a disease that could be cured, but that wasn't what it was. of course, there had been studies confirming that people who liked the same sex had a chemical imbalance. aoi didn't care about that. she never did, but she cared about how people viewed her.

she wasn't any where near that of becoming an adult. she was only shy of sixteen, and every opinion of her slapped itself on her skin. the ones with the worst bite always left the bigger scars, and aoi had let that dictate the way she held herself, and it wasn't very high. all she ever wanted was to be carefree, and her parents had given her the worst reaction.

they had cried, and apologized to her.

we're sorry you couldn't be normal, they had cried as they held the girl tight. 

and aoi had cried. she had cried because she wasn't normal because she wasn't straight. she had cried because her family didn't smile and tell her it was okay. she cried because they said she could be fixed. she cried because they sent her to a camp. she cried because she was rejected. 

the thought of mina not returning her feelings was scary, but she would understand. aoi never believed in forcing her sexuality onto others. she also would understand if mina just simply return them. the two weren't the closest and had only spent time together a handful of times. really, despite the fear, aoi would be grateful as long as she could stay in mina's life. 

there was a knock on her dorm door, and a trembling sigh escaped her lips. she momentarily squeezed her journal close to her chest before setting it to the side. she pushed herself up and went to open the door. she wasn't surprised to see todoroki standing at the other side. she stepped aside letting him in and closing the door behind him.