Chapter IV. Polpo's Treasure

At this moment, a man from the front desk called for Bruno to answer a phone call, and Bruno told the others to welcome Giorno. As Abbacchio held out the tea to Giorno, Violetta looked with interest to see what he will do. She didn't have to "pass the tea test" at all -- courtesy of being Bruno's sister.

To their utter surprise, Giorno emptied the cup in one gulp. Even Abbacchio looked surprised.

"Woah, you really drank it!?" Narancia laughed.

"No, he couldn't have!" Fugo exclaimed.

"Tell me how you did that! Just tell me!" Mista yelled.

Giorno smirked, and as he opened his mouth to speak, Violetta could have sworn that one of his teeth looked like a jellyfish. Huh. So his stand... Is it changing things?

"Well... You've all been keeping your abilities secret, why shouldn't I?"

Yep, definitely a stand user.

"Does Buccellati know your stand?" Abbacchio asked. "Yes... Kind of." Giorno replied.

At this moment, Buccellati returned. "Polpo committed suicide in prison." He said. What!? Polpo!? The guy who lives in a prison like it's his palace committed suicide!? Impossible. Violetta's gaze drifted over to Giorno. He's probably the last person to visit Polpo, and Giorno just visited him a few days ago, if not only a few hours. Coincidence much?

"Polpo has a grand fortune that he told me to guard, the value of with is 600 million yen. We have to retrieve the money now and the gang will have someone collect it."

"Wow 600 million yen?" "Aw, the Capos have so much money!" "Why can't I have a fortune of 600 million yen!" "Polpo must have been crazy to kill himself."

"So, where's the fortune?" Abbacchio asked.

"I can't say yet. We're not safe here. It's a big fortune and a lot of gangsters are eyeing it. C'mon, we're going to the port."

"Wow! Are we going cruising on a yacht?" Narancia exclaimed happily. The mentions of a yacht made Violetta feel she wanted to puke. The memory of the her father's blood splashing over the deck was still enough to make her want to kill herself...

"Vi? Violetta, are you okay?" The concerned face of Bruno swam into view. Without realizing it, Violetta had passed out. "I-- It's okay. I'm just feeling a bit dizzy. I'm fine. Let's go."

Violetta staggered a bit when she was walking. The memories of her father's death had left an inerasable mark in her nine-year-old heart.

"Vi? You sure you're okay? Here, why don't you have a rest on my back while we walk toward the port," Abbacchio said, "Blame those two idiots Mista and Fugo for destroying the car though."

"Mmm, thanks, Abbacchio."

"It's fine-- if you're Bruno's sister, you're my sister."

Violetta couldn't help but smirk a little -- if she's Bruno's sister, she's Abbacchio's sister -- than who is Abbacchio to Bruno?

Giorno looked at her in awe. "You're probably thinking how he did that for her," Narancia said to him, "About a month earlier, she and Abbacchio were on a mission together. It was supposed to be an easy task, but the enemy was actually a bunch of stand users. He told her to leave when they were being overwhelmed, but she stayed and was almost killed. You should have seen his face -- Abbacchio was so angry she stayed -- but he's been caring for her like a little sister since then. She basically a big sister to the rest of us though."

"Wow," Was Giorno's reply.

-------This Line Break wants to join Passione------

Violetta didn't feel like being awake on the yacht, so she propped herself against railing and began to doze off. She was woken by frantic shouts.

Only Giorno, Abbacchio, and Bruno could be seen. She wondered where the others were, as she crossed the deck towards them. "No! Stop!" Bruno cried out, but it was too late. Violetta stepped near a small square on the deck, and suddenly, she felt something pierce her leg. Her whole body went out of control and she felt she was a balloon being deflated. The world went dark.

Of course nothing good would happen on yachts.

-----This Line Breaks skips where Bruno solves the problem and saves everyone-----

"Urgh! Serves him right!" Violetta shouted, as Narancia predicted that Mario Zucchero, the man who deflated them (in a very literal sense), would go to hell.

Narancia began playing his canzoni preferiti. Oh boy. The dance was starting.

Narancia started to rock to the beat.

Mista and Fugo saw him and joined.

Oh boy, this boat is going to turn into a disco dance hall. She saw Abbacchio, who was giving them a disapproving glare. Bruno got that desperate housewife look again, as if praying they won't sink the boat. Giorno was playing with the ladybug on his suit. Violetta shook her head. Boys.

Without any doubt, Violetta joined the dance.

------A/N------

Be patient -- Violetta will be using her stand soon!

Word Count: 797