15

Beyonce POV

I pulled up Nika's apartment and I got out of my car.

Today I'm taking my boo out. I ain't taking her to any fancy places because she ain't a fan of all of them bougie places and I respect that.

Nika isn't like any other girl I've met. She's an amazing girlfriend and so much more, that's why I love her and-...Oh my gosh! I'm in love with Nika. I've never been in love before.

I knocked on Nika's door. I waited for some few seconds and I heard footsteps. "Ookkrrruuu! Wassup BeyHive!" Cardi yelled excitedly as she opened the door. "Wazz good girl? Come in, Onika will be coming out in a few."

I got inside and she led me to the kitchen where I was met with an older woman. She was busy on the stove. "Mama, Beyonce's here," Cardi said.

She turned and greeted me with a warm smile. "So you're the lovely lady that has stolen my baby's heart? I'm Adrienne, Onika's mom but you can call me Mrs Lewis or mama."

"Nice to meet you," I said with my hand out.

She shook her head. "I do hugs baby," she said pulling me into her arms.

I didn't know I was meeting Nika's mother.

"Have a sit baby. Onika will be down in a minute," she said going back to the stove.

If only I knew that I was gonna meet up with her mom then I would have worn something more representable and not these swag pants and baseball jersey.

"BB!" I heard a tiny voice calling me.

I turned and it was sweet little Ava. "Hey baby," I said matching her excitement. I picked her up and sat her on my lap. "How are you doing my baby?" I said and I kissed her cheek.

"I fine. I was-...jdkdhs mfjs funny," she said rambling. I chuckled because this girl rambles when she gets excited plus her words aren't that really clear.

While playing with Ava on my lap, I noticed Onika's mom staring at me in the corner of my eye.

I turned and smiled at her weakly. "Is something wrong Mrs Lewis?"

She shook her head and came to me. "You are so good with Ava. My grandbaby means a lot to me and I love the way you are handling her," she said.

"Thank you. I just love kids that's all," I said smiling.

"Hey Bey," I heard. I turned and it was Nika speed walking towards me with her clutch bag in one hand and sneakers in the other. From the looks of it, she was still not ready to go. "Ava, please go to mama Cardi for a minute. Mommy has to talk to BB," she said picking up Ava.

"Okay mommy," she said and Nika put her down.

Nika came and pecked my lips. "Sorry babe for keeping you waiting just give me a second," she said placing her clutch bag on the counter and her sneakers on the floor.

"Allow me," I said getting off the chair and going down on one knee to help her put on her sneakers. "Really babe? Velcro. What are you? Two?" I said looking up to her.

"Imma kick your face Bey," she said. "You know that I can't tie shoe laces. Its just too hard for me," she chuckled.

I got up and kissed her forehead. "It ain't hard baby. Its through the hole, over the valley then make those bunny ears. Interlock them ears and go through the hole one more time. That's how you tie shoe laces."

She shook her head. "Whatever," she said taking her clutch bag. "Bye mama," she said to Mrs Lewis.

"Bye Mrs Lewis," I said as I held Nika's hand.