Chapter 4

WORD COUNT: 1639                                                      EDITED

Josh

Three more days and I'll get to see her again. It's been fifteen years since I last saw her. Her adorable smile and the sweet scent of daisies and candy. That little dimple that shows when she is angry.

"Joshyyyyyyyy!" I smile at the voice calling me. I turn around watching as she hops out of the carriage and runs in my direction. I engulf her in a hug.

"Why hello to you too Idalia." She squeals and runs into my room.

"Hello, Josh." I bow.

"Hello, Great Beings of the Forest it's a pleasure to meet you."

"No need for formalities Josh you've known us for thirteen years now." Marchioness Rumi hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"Now where are we going to take a trip to?" Marquess Arun questioned.

"We will be visiting my old pack sir."

"That's great! We will get to see the people who helped shaped you into the person you are today." Mrs. Rumi stepped into the house followed by her husband and me. "Now which car are we going to take. I don't want to take that carriage it's too obvious and takes too long to reach your destination."

"We will be taking the camper van that I got for training ma'am."

"Call me Rumi it makes me feel old when you say, ma'am." She smiles warmly. "Now people let's move our stuff to the van." I headed in the direction of my kitchen to find Idalia stuffing her face with ice cream. Over the time I've been spending at the small castle, Idalia has been like a little sister to me. Thanks to my protectiveness of her have earned me the position of being her bodyguard.

"Sooo will I be going to school Joshy!" She exclaims with ice cream still in her mouth.

"Of course, you will. Your dad says we will be staying until school finishes."

"I'll finally get to meet new people." I smile and took the other ice cream from the refrigerator. "It's cool you know. I'll finally get to see what's past the border."

"Well, there's not much. Just other wolves and animals."

"Still though. Living in the palace I don't get to go many places. My dad says there are so many things in the unknown world out there." I watch as a distant look crosses her face. "I want a boyfriend..."

"A what!"  Arun exclaims walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing dad!"

"Better be nothing." He pinches her cheeks and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Now who's daddy's favorite girl."

"I am of course it's not like you have any other kids."

"Ouch. My poor heart."

"Guys we better get on the road if we want to be there early." Idalia hops out of her seat and dragged her dad out of the kitchen to what I think is the van. "I'm worried about her Josh."

"Why?"

"She doesn't know about the world outside the castle. The dangers of the unknown world."

"Well, why don't you tell her. She's going to be sixteen in a few months and she'll experience different things soon."

"I know that but I'm not ready!" she cries. I awkwardly pat her back. "Just yesterday mon petit bébé." She said her voice thick with her French accent.