➪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡
𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑜

ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑜

"athena! look what i found!"

she screamed, slapping away the six legged insect in her friends hands. however, seeing the dark glint in caine's eyes, athena proceeded to try and fly away, crying when he'd simply pulled her back down by her wings and placed the spider on her head.

"harold-ji tells me you're the strongest, yet you can't even handle an insect?!" his cackle flushed her bright red, a light tremble in her lips before athena went stiff, watching her uncle approach them. "the strongest yet weakest when it comes to bugs! i found your weakness!"

athena sucked in her cheeks, avoiding the scene in front of her. harold had placed his war-hammer over the boy, cain immediately falling and fainting. she tried to not laugh-and she succeeded, because the damn spider had began to crawl down her back.

she also fainted.

placing the tiny insect back onto its web, she continued to roam the broken village. her steps were light, stepping over any wooden boards and wilted flowers that had been on the ground. her family and friends were gone, either to an enemy, themselves, or nature taking its course; athena's clan had been cleanly picked off-as if they'd never existed. harold and the broken houses were the only remnants of them.

taking in a deep breath, she laughed as the wind softly kissed her. the grass tickled her feet -she'd taken off her sandals long ago- and the cold dirt had attacked her warmth, yet not once was she uncomfortable or cold under the night sky. "what happened here, uncle?"

"you've been gone a long time," he responded immediately, above her. "there's no need to foul the mood."

"did they die?"

he paused for what seemed hours, yet once she heard his feet touch the ground, athena tilted her head, wondering why her uncle had began to smell of guilt.

"after you went missing," he started off, a deep sigh tumbling out of him. "a civil war had erupted. your father had began to claim those of the other clans had finished you off to present their heirs to him, so they may take the throne for themselves. and well, factions soon began and when the first blood had been taken, a full scale war had swallowed everyone up."

"i'm the reason everyone is dead?" a small smile appeared on her face. "or rather.. a prank gone wrong between me and caine had sent them into war?"

"caine was the first to die, athena."

she sighed, frowning. though her heart clenched for the deaths of her family and friends, her memories of them had long since been taken-to suddenly remember them and know they're dead had only sent her into a state of pity; pity they had turned their backs on each other and began to throw the blame on their family and friends. the most saddening thing was; she wasn't torn about their deaths at all.