12

to kuroo tetsurou,

this is my 12th and last letter. that's how long we dated for, 12 months. i want you to know that those 12 months were the best i've had in my life. every second with you, every minute, every day, my heart grew warmer and warmer. i was so happy. you made me so happy. remember our first date? our first kiss? it was cliche, but in that moment, on top of the ferris wheel where all i saw was you, your brown eyes with the beautiful sunset in the background, i remember it all. i would throw everything away to go back to that one moment. 

our lips felt like fire igniting as they touched, and the warmth of your hand against mine made my heart flutter.

we were young. so young we didn't realise how much we started to grow up and our paths started to go different ways. we fought, and fought, and fought. i don't even remember what we fought about. the perfect mood of our personalities, suddenly seemed to clash, and i think everyone realised it too. we were both hurting, but i couldn't bear to let you go. you were my everything.

i remember that day. when we broke up. the 23rd of february. as we stood on the roof of our school, i looked at you. the sky behind you. it was the same beautiful array of colours as that day on the ferris wheel. who knew i would see this sight again, of you, but what was going to happen, i knew it was going to hurt. those three words, they're still etched into my mind.

"let's break up."

i remember it. i remember not fighting it. because i knew, you didn't feel the same anymore as the months before. i loved you so much i knew i shouldn't force you to stay. i loved you so much i couldn't bear to let you see my tears. i loved you so much i forced a reply, hoping you didn't notice the break in my voice as i choked back my tears.

i loved you so much, i stopped myself from reaching out to your shoulder as you left. as you gave me one final hug, i bit my lip, trying to force myself to remember how you felt against me.

i still love you, and i won't ever stop. i guess we both grew up, out of one another, and we weren't the same as before. maybe we were right for each other, but it wasn't the right time.

so, kuroo tetsurou, i wish you happiness. i hope you make everyone around you feel how you made me feel. i hope someone makes you feel the same way you made me feel. and to that lucky girl, please treat her well. maybe it's that girl i've seen you talking to, good luck! :)

i will be leaving. it hurts too much to see you everyday. i'm going to move far far away, maybe i can forget you. i say that but haha, i know i can't. who could?

kuroo tetsurou, you will always be my everything.

i love you. always and forever.

with love,
y/n
p.s sorry about the tear marks