The Match pt.1

Third Person POV

The siren rang to start the match as the roar of engines echoed throughout the field followed by an equally loud reaction from the crowd. The Nara tanks soon began to slowly advance from their starting point, Alexander watching the surroundings as well as his map for potential attack points. He soon clicked on his radio and all ears quickly snapped open.

Alexander: Alright boys, we got a lot of things to do in front of us.

Luka: Tell us something we don't know.

Alexander: Kiran, can you and Victor make your way to the forest. Take a left near the road and wait.

Kiran: Roger that.

Vitctor: Si senor.

Alexander: Robin, I need you to go to a high vantage point with lots of cover. Preferably including a view over the crossroads from their side.

Robin: Will do.

Marko: And us?

Alexander: I'm going to try and bait a tank near the crossroads, its what connects several of the main trails and is most likely to have a tank. Marko I need you to be on standby in case if we need covering fire.

Marko: Understood.

Alexander: Alright, this is the fight of our lives boys. Everyone, Αέρα!

Meanwhile....

Most of the Ooarai team set themselves up on a ridge, their approach methodical as Miho waited until she could see what the enemy was doing. Her finger twitched on the radio and in the map in her hand, waiting for any response from either Rabbit or Duck team to respond. She was in a pinch. With all the other schools, their tactics had a ground in what school they where based on. But she couldn't discern the country this school was based on, and as such she has no real knowledge of their tactics. What she did learn from Yukari was that their commander was of Greek decent, so he might go for a guerilla warfare style however Greece didn't have a lot of heavy armor during the great war and the other tank crews where from different parts of the world, making their possible strategy even more diverse. Suddenly her radio crackled to life and she quickly clicked it on as Saori gave a nod.

Saori: It's from the Rabbit Team.

Azusa: This is Azusa, we are about to make our way to the crossroads and we found the L35 on the nearby hill.

Miho: Stay hidden, it might be a trap to draw more tanks in. Keep and eye and only fire when being fired upon. We don't want to draw any attention for a possible ambush.

Azusa: Understood.

Miho looked again at the map in her hand, they where being extremely passive. Miho quickly scanned the area and still saw nothing.

Yukari: I don't like this...its too quiet.

Miho nodded, she quickly pressed her radio down.

Miho: Rabbit team, any news on the L35?

Azusa: No, their just standing there....

Miho: What about you Duck team? See anything?

Noriko: Nothing, seriously where are they?

Miho stopped to think for a bit however her thoughts where quickly cutoff by the bang of a cannon. Suddenly the announcer speakers crackled to life and a shocked voice soon came on.

Announcer: Nara High School takes first blood, Ooarai is down one tank. 

With the audience.

The atmosphere was dead silent in the Ooarai camp as a wave of cheers and hollers from the Nara side soon erupted at the news. Maho looked at the board in grim thought. Miho had avoided taking the bait, but it costed her a tank. She shook her head as Katyusha gritted her teeth.

Katyusha: Why won't Miho just crush them?

Nonna: If she went in, she would have been cutoff and lost a larger portion of her tanks. She made the right call.

The rest of the commanders nodded as they continued to watch the board. Meanwhile with the boy commanders, they where all silently celebrating the small victory however the notion that a boy team can go toe to toe with the best the girls league had to offer will help them tremendously in more ways than one.

With Bullseye.

Robin grinned at the sight of a plume of smoke that came from the crossroads just a mere 80 meters from the barrel of the Panzer 4. He soon nodded to Erik who quickly loaded another shell and tapped Simo's shoulder to signal he can fire at will. Soon the tank's radio crackled to life and Gunnar soon took the call.

Alexander: Good shot.

Robin: Thank Simo, so what's our next target?

Alexander: How long has it been there?

Robin: A few minutes maybe.

Alexander: They probably caught wind of our ambush, stay their for now and report any movements. If you find a solo tank in range, shoot then scoot.

Robin: Gladly.

With Alexander.

Alexander clicked off his radio with a grim look on his face. While they may have taken first blood Miho has saw his trap. He needs to change strategies.

Alexander: Kostas.

Kostas: Yes commander?

Alexander: Fire up the engines, its time to get up close and personnel.