Chapter 6 : The First Two Exams (Part 2)

CHAPTER 6: THE FIRST TWO EXAMS (PART 2)

Kakuzu was seeing red the moment he saw Orochimaru menacing his children, and he'd been unable to restrain himself when he heard how the snake had been talking to Satoru, so he'd backhanded the snake into the tree trunk, taking up an aggressive stance in front of the nine Genin that were gathered together.

"Stay behind me, all of you," he said in a deep growling tone, as his stitches began to undo themselves and his threads came out in preparation to fight. While his kids knew what he was capable of, they had never before seen him in action.

Sasuke was even more shocked than the rest, though if that amazement was only a bi-product of his fear, he didn't know. "Tou-San-" Satoru started to call out to him, but Kakuzu cast a glare over his shoulder, silencing him.

"Listen to what I say, brat, and leave him to me," Kakuzu said in his authoritative parent tone, even as Orochimaru was starting to recover and get back on his feet. "Watch each other's backs and keep those three brats out of the fight too!" He commanded, pointing to the Leaf team.

"Kukuku... you've gone soft, Kakuzu." Orochimaru said in his oily purr, and Kakuzu growled in response.

"No, just watching out for my kids," the Ex-Taki Nin snapped, a dark aura forming around him as his rage grew. "I'm warning you now; make any move to attack these kids, and I will not hesitate to tear you to shreds."

Orochimaru's eyes flashed at the tone in which Kakuzu said this, but then he smirked. "You will not stop me from getting what I want, Kakuzu... I will have that Kekkei Genkai, and if you stand in my way, I'll kill you."

Kakuzu's eyes narrowed into slits, physically preparing to go one-on-one with the Sannin as he snarled two words, "Try me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kakashi was frantic; not only had it been confirmed that Orochimaru was in the village and after Sasuke, but there had been a few reports that the Sensei from the Hidden Rain had gone into the forest as well! In fact, the one person who had seen the man disappear into the Forest of Death had said that he saw the silver streaks in the man's long hair fade to black right before he lost sight of him, which was very concerning.

Leading a team of Anbu and other Jounin into the Forest to track down Orochimaru on order of the Hokage to attack any hostile individual on sight, they made their way through the darkness when they suddenly saw a bright burst of electricity in the distance, highlighting the form of two bodies, and they realized what was happening.

"It looks like they are fighting Orochimaru," Kakashi told the others, uncovering his Sharingan to get a better look as the others took cover on either side of him. "Wait- no, just the Sensei... or is it someone else? The guy looks similar, but different..."

"What are those black things?!" Anko Mitarashi, the exam Proctor, demanded, and Kakashi looked around for what she was talking about. Then, his eyes widened.

"... Threads. Thousands of black threads..."