Chapter Ten: Exposed

Harry sat up fast, scrambling away from Draco, but the damage was done.

"The Chosen One and the Malfoy Heir, gay and together? I wonder what the whole school will say about that..." The leader of the group sneered at them.

"No please! Don't tell anyone!" Draco pleaded. The leader, a seventh year Slytherin that looked much too big to be seventeen, just ignored him and shifted his gaze to Pansy and Iris.

"And miss Parkinson, I bet your mummy would be 𝑠𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 to see you with this... 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙." Pansy's expression turned panicked.

"Please." Iris pleaded.

"We'll see." The Slytherin taunted, sneering. He turned around and headed out of the library, his cronies in tow.

Harry turned to meet Draco's worried gaze. "What are we going to do?"

Draco's expression turned determined and enduring. "We can't let them use it against us."

Harry was confused for a moment, but then understood. "Are you sure?"

Draco nodded.

༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄

𝕀𝕣𝕚𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

They pulled themselves together and dashed up to their according dormitories to get ready.

She and Pansy had agreed to just pretend that their relationship had always been happening, and that was completely natural. They hoped that after whatever Draco and Harry planned to do occurred, everyone wouldn't notice them, or at least think that it was small news compared to the boys' shocking relationship.

She walked down to the Great Hall with Penny, eyebrows drawn together in nervousness, and palms slippery with sweat. She had no idea what Draco and Harry had planned, and she was scared it would not go well.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" Penny asked good-naturedly.

"Oh nothing! I'm just great!" Iris squeaked.

Penny looked at her suspiciously, but her attention was diverted by a group of Hufflepuffs waving to her. "Can I go say hi?"

"Oh! Yeah, sure!" Iris said, trying to make her voice sound jovial. Penny grinned at her and skipped off to join her friends.

Iris wiped her hands on her robes and speed-walked the rest of the way to the Hall. She found a seat facing the isle between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw isles, sitting down and grabbing two slices of toast.

Five minutes later, the Hall was packed of students eating, laughing, and yelling; the usual. Iris looked over at the Slytherin table, her eyes finding Draco and following his gaze, right over to Harry. Draco gave a small nod.

"Ay Potter!" He yelled across the Hall, everyone going completely silent. Harry looked away from his 'conversation' with Ron, and scowled.

"What is it Malfoy, sad that your daddy's in prison?" Draco stood up.

"Well at least my dad's still alive! How many dads have you lost? Let me count!"

He ticked them off on his fingers dramatically. "Your actual dad, too weak to even fight long enough to let his family escape, that shame-of-the-family madman Sirius Black, lunatic Dumb-as-a-door himself, then that werewolf Lupin!"

Iris could have sworn actual hurt flashed across Harry's face, and he jumped away from the table in anger. 𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑘? Iris thought to herself. 𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠! 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑠ℎ...