I dunno, bro, that's kinda gay-

"What'd I tell you? You made it, didn't you?"

   "Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just terrified that Raihan's gonna slaughter me when I get to his gym."

   "I can always lend you one of my pokemon."

   "Have you forgot that his main pokemon is a Gigantamaxing Duraludon?"

   "True."

   Hop chuckled, resting his head on Bede's shoulder. It had been a while since they've seen each other in person. Sure, they talk over the phone a lot, but it's just not the same. Plus the last time was a visit out of horror that Hop was having an episode, so nearly all romantic energy had disappeared. Despite the moment they kissed. We ignore that.

   At the moment, the two had met up in Hammerlocke, where they were enjoying a nice moment together without anyone around to see them. Yeah, keeping this whole thing a secret was a huge factor in this relationship. If people found out, they'd be harassed to no end. So it was best that they just keep it to themselves, granted that Raihan wouldn't be the blabbermouth he was and post the fucking thing on every platform of social media he had.

   The only thing about it besides that was how overprotective Leon was now. Since Hop and Bede hadn't exactly seen eye to eye beforehand - re: pummeling each other in the middle of Motostoke - he was entitled to be worried. But he took it too far sometimes, demanding that he check Hop's phone for any hate texts or things like that. Hop demanded that he could have his privacy, but Leon bit right back with the fact that Hop never told anyone about his insecurities or bad incidents. He had him there. Because of Leon's concern, Hop always planned ahead to meet with Bede in complete secrecy. The only person he told about where he was going was Eliana, whom he trusted not to tell anyone.

   "How about that Cramorant you caught? It's gotta be worth something," Bede spoke up after a while.

   "It's a water-flying-type, so it'll be useful against Raihan's Sandaconda. Maybe his Gigalith, too, but the rock-type moves might screw me over," Hop explained. "It's a double battle, though, so I can use something else to act like a barrier for Cramorant. The bird may be stupid as all hell, but he's got skill."

   Said bird let out a warbling cry, beak snapped shut around a stick. And it wasn't the way a Yamper would hold it. No, the damned thing had the stick shoved down his throat, currently trying to swallow it as Cinderace panicked and tried to stop him. The other pokemon laughed at them.

   "It's going to kill itself if it keeps doing that," Bede worried. "You should train it to, you know, not eat everything it sees?"

   "It's in its blood. Besides, it's useful in battle." Hop tried to convince himself of that as he watched Cramorant hack up the stick, which landed on the ground caked in spit and saliva. Cinderace jumped back, making a disgusted sound before backing away. Cramorant squawked, eyes bobbling in their sockets as he walked around looking for something else to inhale.

   "Okay, he has some issues, but he's useful," Hop corrected, just as Cramorant began eating a fairly large rock. "Alright, a lot of issues."

   Bede barked a laugh. "You never cease to amaze me," he stated.

   Hop smiled up at him. "Why do you have to be so nice when you want to be?"

   "Because I'm a selective asshole. Next question."

   He burst out into a fit of laughter at that, nodding. "That's accurate," he replied in between wheezes.

   "Damn right."

   "Alright, I've got a good one. How old are you really?"

   "How old do you think I am?" Bede shot back, narrowing his eyes.