[1] Raymond - Dating In The Workplace (Fem! Half-Dog! Reader)

UNEDITED****
This oneshot is in honor of WHISKEREDLOVE 's Raymond Oneshot x Reader book! They've been very kind to me, and their writing is lovely. Hope you like this!

Reader is the kindest person everyone knows. When she gets a job at Nook Inc's headquarters, she's ecstatic to meet new friends. Raymond is a harsh taste of reality, but she's determined to become his bestie.

SETTING IS IN NEW HORIZONS, BUT THEY ARE NOT DOING ISLAND GETAWAY PACKAGES YET. THIS IS A MODERN-DAY CITY ENVIRONMENT.

(D/B): Dog breed
(H/C): Hair color
(B/F/C): bright favorite color
(Y/H): Your height
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raymond was a hard worker, just like his fellow peers. He always had his eyes locked on his computer screen, typing for hours on end. The cat-man never bothered to interact much with his co-workers, in a personal sense. Everything he said to them was strictly business, except for the 'Hellos' and 'Goodbyes' his boss instructed him to say to passerby. Something about his apathy was, quote, 'intimidating'.

He'd begun his daily work, saying quick hellos to workers, before quickly returning to his tidy cubicle. Loading up his computer, he clicked his email, which had a new message. Clicking again to open it, his eyes narrowed as they tried to make out the tiny font. Raymond's routine was interrupted by someone entering, bright clothes littering their body.

It was a young woman, maybe slightly younger than Raymond. She was half-dog, maybe a (D/B)? Floppy ears the same color as her hair, (h/c). It even had the same texture, which was kinda pretty. What concerned, and baffled him, most about this new person is the bright, cheery aura she let off. His cat ears tilted sideways, a natural reflex, when she, his boss, and Timmy + Tommy began walking down the aisle next to his cubicle, and he watched them as they made their way to the empty one to his right.

Timmy and Tommy held boxes of items, and they placed them on the desk that was against the front-facing wall. Tom Nook gave a warm smile to the new woman, as did she. They chatted for a minute until Raymond heard something that really stuck out.

"...Excited to be working here! Thank you, Tom!" The woman gave a cheesy grin, her tail wagging furiously. Tom Nook chuckled. "Ohoho! We are very excited to have you here, dear (Y/N)! Please contact one of your co-workers if you have any problems or questions, they'll be happy to help you!"

(Y/N)...so that was her name. Apparently, Raymond has been staring too long, and Nook noticed. "Ah! Raymond! Come to me, hm?" The man sighed internally, great.

The click-clack of his work shoes against the marble floors of the office were loud, but they didn't last long. As soon as Raymond made his way inside the cubicle, a hand was shoved in his direction. He looked down, seeing a (Y/H)-looking girl. He was at least 5 inches taller. (Y/N), huh? It suits her. Hands intertwining in a shake, he noticed that smile of hers never left her face.

She pulled away and brushed her (B/F/C) skirt, standing next to Tom Nook.

"Ahem... Mr. Nook? You asked to see me, sir?"

The beer-bellied man nodded, clasping his hands together. "You see, Raymond, you are such a hard worker, and (Y/N) here is actually Isabelle's cousin! She used to work as a public speaker outdoors, so I'd like you to help her get used to this new environment."

"..."

"2% raise if you do a good job."

He nodded, shaking Tom Nook's hand.

Two-colored eyes made their way back to look at (Y/N), who was happily unloading their work supplies. She had to hook up a mic (an intercom-like thing, easier communication) to the wall that the desk was on. Unfortunately, even for her (tall/short) height, she failed, and couldn't put it up. Raymond noticed that he was just standing around, not working or helping her, so he walked behind her, taking the mic from her hands gently.

(Y/N) smiled brightly and thanked him, to which he scoffed, making her smile falter a bit. Seeing her happy attitude weaken hurt him, and he immediately regretted it and apologized.

"It's okay!" She assured, her tail wagging. While Raymond was helping her unload the rest of her boxes, he noticed some co-workers in one of the farther cubicles snicker and gesture in their direction. His different-colored eyes narrowed, and he sent a glare their way, to which they looked intimidated and he was satisfied.

He felt a light tap on his shoulder, and he looked down to see the dog-woman again.

"Thank you, Raymond! Working with you will be so much fun!"

He gave a small smile to her and told her the same.

6 MONTHS LATER...

Raymond and (Y/N) were now inseparable. Apparently, (Y/N) used to live outside in trees or campsites, not because she didn't have money, just because she wanted to. Raymond gave her a long lecture about how dangerous that was and how important her health and belongings are.

She still didn't want to get a house though, so now she lives with Raymond. She sleeps in a guest room attached to the master bedroom, where he slept.

Platonically, of course.

But today... (Y/N) wanted to change that. She was a big empath, and loved getting to know people, but never in a million years would she expect to become so infatuated with her co-worker.

There she stood, in front of Nook Inc's Building, waiting for her favorite cat-man to show up. Usually, he'd drive with her to work, but she insisted she go alone today.

The familiar black car parked in the lot, and she heard his shoes making his way towards her general direction.

"Hi, Raymond! You know, I was wondering, if you wanted to maybe-

"Yeah, sure."

"I didn't even finish..."
(Y/N)'s brain went a bit haywire. What did he mean?

"Go on a date, yeah? I heard you talking with Isabelle on the phone the other night. You guys are loud." He walked towards her, making the woman back up against the wall of the building. He put a hand beside her head on the wall, like in some anime scene.

Her face exploded into a dark blush and he let out a hearty laugh.

"I'm up for it. Although..."

She tilted her head, her dog ears flopping.

"I wonder how they'll feel about dating in the workplace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1159

Aaaand scene! I got a basic idea, and just wrote until I couldn't anymore, haha. 3 oneshots in one day?! You guys are getting spoiled! Anyways, enjoy this one for now. I have another Raymond X Reader oneshot idea planned already too ;-)