Prologue

Y/n sat on the bus gripping the seat tight in her hands, constantly checking the window to make sure she wasn't followed. It was hard to see though, since it was dark.

"Just a few more miles," She prayed, pulling on her backpack,"Just a few more,"

"Gravity Falls, last stop," the bus driver said over the intercom.

Y/n took a deep breath.

Did she really want to do this, she could always just wait on the bus to go back. Before they found out and before she would get in trouble.

Yes, she should do that. Why was she here? This was a horrible idea, she should be there, with them. Before she made them more mad.

"Um, dudette, are you going to get off?" The bus driver said looking over his shoulder at her.

"I, um, well," she stuttered, trying to figure out what to say.

"Where are your parents?"

She froze, then stood up quickly and almost bolted out the door.

"Thank you sir," she said out the door, then took off into the forest.

She ran through the forest in almost complete darkness until she burst into a clearing.

She fell to the ground heaving, trying to regain her stamina.

She gulped in the night air and could hear her heartbeat slow.

She tenderly brushed her hands against the grass.

It was so amazing to be outside. She could hear the animals in the forest, and the swaying of the pinetrees. She could feel the cold night air, giving her arms goosebumps. Most importantly, she could see everywhere! Everything was so big and spacious! She spun around smiling until she fell back on the floor.

"What do I do now?"

Y/n froze. She didn't think of that.

What was she going to do?

She didn't have a house, food, or water. How was she going to survive? What was she going to do?

The momentarily feeling of freedom was gone and she felt her panic close in on her like a weighed blanket. She shut her eyes tight and her breathing sped up as she tried to calm down.

She took some deep breaths and opened her eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine," she thought, taking in more of the Oregon air.

"It's going to be okay," she thought," First things first, I need shelter,"

She stood up pulling her backpack up too.

Where was the town?

"Shoot! I shouldn't run away from the bus driver! I don't know where I am!" She thought upset.

"Okay, okay, lets climb a tree to see where we are,"

Y/n walked towards the edge of the clearing near a very tall tree and started to scale it. She reached the top in a couple minutes with some scrapes on her hands.

She looked around and finally, saw some light a couple miles away.

She sighed in relief and climbed down the tree.

She hit solid ground and turned towards the direction of the lights.

Just as she was about to step forward a sharp "Crack!" slashed through the air.