The Telling: Howard

Okay you know what this is...

Okay, the relatively easy part was over. Now it's Howards time to shine. Tony was really nervous. He really didn't want to do this but when the time comes.

Howard was working, and he just came back home...

"Oh great he's home. Lets get this party started." Tony says as he starts pulling off his zip up jacket. He was wearing a thin yellow shirt and you could see his reactor straight through it.

"It'll be fine honey." Maria says as she kisses his forehead.

Howard burst through the door. He was furious.

"God am I the only one who works! I suffer every day!" He says. He rubbing the bridge of his nose. He sees tony and maria sitting on the couch. He saw the blue glow emitting from his sons chest. "What is this!!"

He starts storming to his son and picks him up by his shirt, only millimeters away from his, still sore, chest near the arc reactor. Tony jumps a bit from the unnecessary pain in his chest from his own father.
Howard notices this however. And he punches Tony's chest right where it was hard. Tony let's out a whine of pain. He even let's a tiny tear fall from his eyes.

"Oh does it 'hurt' son? Well that's what you get for trying to be special like Steve." He says before he smacks tony on his chest.

"Howard! Stop it!!" Maria says before running towards his only child, who's clutching his chest and breathing hard. The decreased lung capacity really starting to get to him. She sees the pain in his eyes.

"Don't pity him Maria! That's what he gets!" Howard says as he picks tony up by his arm that has a sling.

"Stop! I h-had no choice." Tony says as he gets away from his murderous father. He's still breathing hard. It hurts to take a deep breath though. "I don't want to be special. I have shrapnel in my chest close to my..." He trys to take a deep breath. "...heart. And would you please stop it hurts."

"What an excuse!" Howard says as he storms away into his bedroom.

"Are you alright honey!" Maria says as she help him up. They make their way to Tony's room. They lay on the bed.

"Yep. Could've went better." Tony says. He knows its abuse but he doesn't want his father going to jail, believe it or not he actually still loves him!

"That is abusive behavior tony!" Maria yells.

"So! There's nothing anyone can do about it." Tony says. "I think I'm just going to go to sleep. Goodnight mom." Tony says. And she respectfully walks away.

Now Happy...

Yes. Very, very...VERY dramatic!