Chapter 7

[Almost a Month ago]

"Lan Zhan, I'm going away for few days."

Wei Wuxian witnessed the disappearing back of his other half --his better half. He watched him with eyes full of love yet clouded with loneliness. When was the last time, he felt this alone? It's funny how one person had the power to make him feel empty. Turning around, he pulled the reign of his Little Apple and step out of the Cloud Recesses.

A home is not a place but a person that makes you feel safe.

"Let's go little Apple, we need to save Lan Zhan."

That might be the only time, Wei Wuxian had witnessed that little Apple obeyed him. The two went to the Fojiao Town, where the rumored Kameosa was served. When Wei Wuxian stepped inside the same inn, the atmosphere was different. Like before, he didn't sense any presence. There was no spirit at all.

"What can I get for young master?" The waiter arrived at the table where Wei Wuxian was sitting deep in thoughts.

"Do you still serve Kameosa wine?" Wei Wuxian asked. The waiter looked at him apologetically. Apparently, that's what he had been doing for some time now.

"Young master, we no longer serve that, you can order anything else."

"And why is that?"

"Young master, that is not my place to tell." Many customers have been asking the same thing and even Waiter had run out of patience.

"I will buy 5 jars of your wine." Wei Wuxian said, taking out a silver coin. The waiter immediately sat beside him and told him about the incident few weeks ago.

"Young master, as you know, many customers just came here to claim the Kameosa Jar. The cultivators begun to openly challenge Yi-Xiong. At first, it was just verbal but after sometimes things become more serious. Customers started ruckus by threatening the owner. Having no choice, Yi-Xiong took the jar and left."

"Where did he go?"

"If he had told that, people would have followed him there."

"That makes sense." Wei Wuxian said nodding his head. The waiter went and came back with his 5 jars. Wei Wuxian stared at it for a while and then gulped the wine in one go bringing pain to his guts.

Only after drinking 2 jars, he left the inn.

Tugging Little Apple along, the two walked aimlessly for days asking people about anything unusual happenings. The most things were the same as corpses and ghouls, nothing Yiling Laozou couldn't handle. Then an idea struck him. If Living doesn't know than dead might.

Even though Wei Wuxian promised Lan Wangji to never pick up Demonic Cultivation again, the drastic situations asked for drastic measures. And thus, the Yiling Patriarch rose again.

Having a golden core and controlling Demonic energy was like walking on a single stranded thread above hell. A little tipsy and he would not just fall but get burn, sparing not even his ashes.

Little Apple nudged him, as if asking him to not put himself in danger. Wei Wuxian simply smiled and teased the little companion.

"Now you worry about me Lil' Apple? How unfaithful you can?"

Not pleased by his response, Little Apple huffed and stomped ahead, leaving a laughing Patriarch behind. After buying a basket of Apples, did the little companion let him ride again.

"Look at how little money I have left now! How can you be so greedy? We have to be more careful now if we don't want to run out of money to get food." Wei Wuxian whined as he picked up an apple from newly bought basket and munched on it hungrily.